Multi Terrain Pattern on general sale

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by soldier20201, Jul 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bothered? ******* airsofters.

2. Makes sense to buy it if you're at the start of your career. But you won't be able to wear it till next year unless you're going on a tour.

3. What? It makes no sense if you're at the start of your career. It'll get issued if and when the time comes. Probably late, granted, but issued all the same.

4. As far as I know, no commercial licences have been issued for MTP yet. Which probably means that these are knock-offs of doubtful quality, not IRR and suitable only for walts and airsofters. Caveat emptor!

5. Start of Career, not basic. I assumed he's already decided that he needs an extra pouch for something or other - eg Torch, GPS, etc. Should he buy a camouflage that will only be on issue 1 more year, or buy something that he can use from next year right until his Field Marshall Batton. Is the kit a lot better now - yes. But there's still stuff that isn't issued that makes your life easier/cuts down on admin vortex problems or is issue that you need/want more of.

Gun Nut has a good point on the IRR issue. No use buying it if it stands out like the Hound of the Baskervilles phosphorus balls though.

6. I'm saying it should be issued.

7. Mmmmmm!
    MTP notebook covers!
    Green Binding!
    Splendid.
    Saw some lovely Black Buckles on the Multicam gear!
    Brills!

8. Phoned up to check it out as I have bought quite a bit from them before quite good (when its in stock!), according to David, its full IRR and Official Multi Terrain Pattern, reckons that the there is only Multicam Webbing for spine and is going off what he has been asked for as far as other colours for material. Thinks it will be a few weeks till he gets the Webbing made but stated its all 100% UK made including Multi Terrain Material, made in Lancashire I think he said, but if your going to phone beware that it could last a while.

9. So its just like the real thing then? Anyone remember how long combat 95 trousers lasted when they were first issued.

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I wouldn't bother.

You have to think about future allyness.

In years to come having the odd DPM pouch on your webbing will be top marks for allyness, I'm telling you now, 95 trousers with MTP jackets will be the ultimate look for Spring 2018.

I for one, can't wait to get my battered DPM notepad cover out in 10 years time and smugly look around at all the sprogs, while I nod my head in a satisfied, cuntishly ally way, as they make do with their sproggy MTP shite.

11. I have been kindly alerted to the fact that my kit is being discussed on arrse , although I do not feel that I should justify my kit to people who are slagging it off etc, my EBAY account lets me know how many people visit and buy after being directed from arrse so I know a proportion of you buy from me so I think its worthwhile to justifying it here.

I will try and answer most of the above questions, It is Official and it is Full IRR, green trim is used as that is what I have been asked for from serving military not airsofters but they are welcome to buy. I have all manner of materials including double sided and single sided multicam and my latest batch of webbing uses Nylon Multicam on the yoke, nobody else does anything like this (as far as I am aware). The buckles are neutral and fit perfectly with Multicam, you do not want tan buckles on Multicam or MTP. But I will get made to any design you ask for. I import all Multicam from America from the official supplier, so I know it is to full Spec. The MTP is made in the UK and is Official

At Contact Left we are trying to cater for all areas from cadet to serving soldier but all testing is carried out by serving military both home and abroad, I have just had rave reviews from the US on my 40mm Grenade Bandolier, and my Sniper Bean Bag (the first ever UK produced) was tested on the last Royal Marine Sniper Course and is being tested by SF aswell.
    I have rambled on enough but if anyone would like a chat please call me on 07595 895522, as a company we are far from perfect but we are trying to improve all the time and I would like to say thanks to all my customers from here.
    Cheers
    David

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Noted ... Sgt Slingsby's Bears might want a bit of that [in small sizes, of course]. ;)

13. Well David, thank you for coming on here to defend your product. Since you claim that this is official UK MTP, I am sure that you won't mind if, in the morning, I place a call to the MOD's Directorate of Intellectual Property Rights, just to confirm that you have indeed been issued with a commercial exploitation licence for MTP?

A bit picky of me perhaps, but I happen to know that the UK taxpayer paid a large sum for the rights to MTP, just so that the lads and lasses could be issued with the best kit possible.

14. Ref Sgt Slingsby, I have replied to your PM, Ref Gunnut please phone them. One thing to note it will be a while before MTP rely takes off, this is because of the quality of Multicam Stuff available, the difference between MTP and Multicam is very small and from the feedback I have had Multicam will be freely accepted by the powers that be alongside MTP. I am sure some on here may beg to differ but as I am sure most are aware I was the first to bring UK PLCE webbing in Multicam out in the UK and it is very Popular with serving soldiers. Again thanks for all your support, and any more questions please ask away