Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Role Support Ship (MRSS)

Yokel

LE
More and more are getting enticed back on FTRS, which is not a bad gig for a couple of years, some of the old kipper fleet may fancy it.

But surely FTRS posts are just part of the existing personnel numbers, and not a way of getting around limits, as was suggested on PPRuNe?

There are certain RN posts that used to be partly filled by mobilised reservists, now they are FTRS.

But surely FTRS posts are just part of the existing personnel numbers, and not a way of getting around limits, as was suggested on PPRuNe?

There are certain RN posts that used to be partly filled by mobilised reservists, now they are FTRS.

Its a way of openly enticing trained peps back though? P8 bassed at Lossie.

Yokel

LE
Funnily enough when discussing manpower and the RAF I did think of MPA people, but the RAF with MPA appears to need more people than without MPA. Hence the numbers issue.

Funnily enough when discussing manpower and the RAF I did think of MPA people, but the RAF with MPA appears to need more people than without MPA. Hence the numbers issue.

Sadly true, thats why I sense a reduction in RAF Reg Sqn’s, manpower allocated elsewhere.

Yokel

LE
So who will provide force protection for P8 detachments?

More and more are getting enticed back on FTRS, which is not a bad gig for a couple of years, some of the old kipper fleet may fancy it.

As @Yokel states, FTRS must come from Regular liability.

Both the RN and RAF are working hard to entice back former serving personnel as well as expanding recruitment and Reserve activity. The former can fill the critical experience gaps required to supervise new joiners. Unfortunately, both really need an increase in liability otherwise we're just robbing Peter to pay Paul and that costs money.

Meanwhile, the Army is still offering £10K golden handshakes for musicians!

Regards,
MM

As @Yokel states, FTRS must come from Regular liability.

Both the RN and RAF are working hard to entice back former serving personnel as well as expanding recruitment and Reserve activity. The former can fill the critical experience gaps required to supervise new joiners. Unfortunately, both really need an increase in liability otherwise we're just robbing Peter to pay Paul and that costs money.

Regards,
MM

******* ridiculous.

And they wonder why we bitch about the number of infantry battalions.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Will it ****. These things are valuable.

Hmmmm, RCT vessel plus nuclear weapon - quite valuable I think:wink:

800px-HMAV_Abbeville_(L4041)_-_At_Rhu_Hard_-_July_1977.jpg

Regards,
MM

I thought you were taking the p1ss, but you are (as ever) correct.

I mean, WTAF?!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought you were taking the p1ss, but you are (as ever) correct.

I mean, WTAF?!
How the **** can we be expected to keep in step if we don't have bandsmen?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that an example of a multi role support ship?
Yes - and to improve the Polaris CEP, the Trog would drive the missile to its target and detonate it on arrival. A similar process was on the stocks during the 1980s to remove tube and rocket artillery from the orbat and increase accuracy.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
don't march?
I seem to remember that you lot get the gig to pull the gun carriage of dead Royalty etc - you need to do at least some drill, just for appearances sake, please.

I seem to remember that you lot get the gig to pull the gun carriage of dead Royalty etc - you need to do at least some drill, just for appearances sake, please.

Although, if you watch the last time we did that, it doesn't resemble the "marching" beloved of the Household Division and DLs. Perhaps the accretion of bullshit needs to be chipped away.

Anyway, back to a class of ship we desperately need but won't be getting for a long long time...

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that an example of a multi role support ship?

Well, there's a lot of roles you can fulfil when you've got a nuclear warhead and aren't afraid to use it...

ugly

LE
Anyway, back to a class of ship we desperately need but won't be getting for a long long time...
Ok just call up the civ div ships and crews as reservists, quick lick of paint and job jobbed!

Ok just call up the civ div ships and crews as reservists, quick lick of paint and job jobbed!

know a civ div ship that can - at the same time - hold a hospital with 10+ ICU beds (and multiple surgical suites etc) and dock down to allow an admin off-load of of amphib stores?

ugly

LE
know a civ div ship that can - at the same time - hold a hospital with 10+ ICU beds (and multiple surgical suites etc) and dock down to allow an admin off-load of of amphib stores?
FFS you lot are the fish heads get dealing with the technical issues and leave me to policy.

Why not commission such a craft that can have modular facilities (the USN have a converted tanker) and lease it to trade so it gets used and serviced and is available when you may need it!