Multi-faith coronation for Charles

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Sep 24, 2006.

1. It is absolutely unacceptable.

2. The idea is not stupid but I prefer traditional coronation

3. Exellent idea!

4. A rabbi, a mufti and a priest should perform the coronation.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Wonder if the Saudi's would consider a "multi-faith" coronation? :roll:
  3. I don't think he necessarily means multi-faith, as in your poll, but rather inclusion of other faiths. There is a strong tradition in the CofE of seeking to be bridge-makers with other faiths; a sign of some confidence in their own institution, that diverse views are embraced. It's right to bring their traditions up to date also. Another theory is that Charles is likely to be behind such moves since he regarded himself 'Defender of faith' rather than one particular faith. This is a difficult one though. Multi-faith is a contradiction in terms.
  4. I think this is a move to bridge the frankly ridiculous gap between Anglicans and Catholics
  5. Camilla in a burka, now that would improvement. :D
  6. Said with feeling PtP?

My observation is that there are a lot more mature relations between the two branches than there has ever been. The Church seems to attract its eccentrics and extremists but it's interesting to note the number of people from what I call 'normal' backgrounds choosing to contribute in a pastoral capacity via a vicarship somewhere. The Church certain feels in parts more in touch with the 'real world'. Sadly not always the case. I recall the odd sadist chaplain on exercise giving his three point message followed by ten point prayers despite the rain lashing at 90 degrees and hypothermia setting in choosing not to deviate from his interminable notes, although he was ensconced in a little tent pulpit we'd set up for him, clearly pissing everyone off immensely. Then being totally unapproachable after the event. Thankfully the SASRA guys are the antithesis of this.
  7. PTP - before it's too late and the ECUSA manage to inflict their agenda in Britain?

CS Lewis on Priestesses - he must be turning in his Anglican grave.
  8. Wot no Druids? Any opportunity to strip naked and paint myself blue :D
  9. or 'Tuesday night' as it's called round my way.
  10. Ooops! Sorry high priest, i still haven't found those virgins you asked for. You know what its like in the valleys so i have branched out into foreign lands :)
  11. How can the Supreme Govenor of the Church of England have a multi-faith Coronation? The only way he can do this is to disestablish the Church. Does he imagine he can be Head of Faiths in Britain? The idea is absurd, not least because how can you be head of a faith like Christianity which regards Christ as the son of God with the Judeo-Muslim position which rejects this idea?

Can he be a Defender of Faiths? Well not really. Constitutionally his position is clear: he must defend the Christian Faith as embodied in the CoE. Also how can he defend one religious ideological position over another? He claims he is a conservative Christian. How does he square this claim with his behaviour? For genuine conservative Christians the idea of having a Supreme Governor who has committed adultery is outrageous, no less acceptable than having a gay Bishop, and morally equivalent!

I am afraid that Prince Charles often engages his mouth before his brain! He surrounds himself with advisors who do not seem able to respectfully challenge his more absurd ideas with the result that he often publically makes a fool of himself. When he becomes King this behaviour could prove disasterous.
  12. I would like to see the rest of the article. i don't see how "The coronation service needs to find the right way of including people of other faiths," becomes "a multi-faith coronation."
    Certainly the service at St Pauls for HM's 80th had a large contingent of senior representatives from other faiths. I'm quite sure the coronation will be the same.
    All Canon Hall says is that he is in charge of modernising the 1953 order of service and will do just that.
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well with the Duchess being a Catholic 1701 will be going out of the window....

(***Pinches himself!!!! Did I just say that 8O )
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center]Couple of months late there Tomahawk...

15. Weell, they are different sides of the same heretical coin.... :D