Multi-Attack Terror Plot On European Cities

I'm sure also there was a report years ago that quite a few (in the hundreds?) young English gentlemen of Pakistani origin had indeed been to training camps in Pakistan but returned here. How many trained AQ sleepers have slipped in under the previous governments self-admitted lax immigration policy? It might not be many but it certainly won't be none.

As has been pointed out, training is not really necessary other than basic marksmanship & reloading. Let's be honest, gruesome though it was, the 4 bombs on 7/7 did not have a particularly high death toll. Bombs may be spectacular but they have not been very effective to date.

Here is a scenario. 4 terrorists (same as 7/7) wish to martyr themselves. They have obtained and know how to use AK47s/grenades and plenty of ammo. Their target is a busy nightclub. 1 of them goes to the fire exit (I know plenty of clubs with only one fire exit). The other 2 slot the bouncers on the door, whilst the 3rd hoses the queue down. All 3 then proceed inside, where they systematically hose down the dancefloor and bar. Any who try to escape through the fire escape get slotted by the 4th. Within minutes there are over 100 dead, the rest are trapped inside. The 4 could then escape to fight another day, set fire to the club ensuring even more deaths, or get in a shooting siege with armed police who would probably take at least 10 minutes to get there.

That scenario in my mind is quite a realistic one; and if lots of similar attacks were to happen at the same time, with greater numbers of terrorists we would be****ed.

Spenny

War Hero
I think what a lot of people seem to forget is that however bad it gets, whatever we do to combat the terrorists and even if we 'win' we will always be scrutinised.

Moat - nutcase, killed a bloke, blinded a copper, shot his Mrs and as Werewolf said took a small Army of Plod, with Helis, armoured vehicles and all sorts to stop him and yet still even though the absolute minimum of force was used, the Op is being scrutinised and the shit is flying because a trail Tazer system was used. Big ****ing deal. It done the job so whats the problem?

I just feel that if your armed plod and your faced with a terrorist - you want to be in a position (if you need to) where you can empty a magazine at the ****, drop him and know you will have the full backing of the authorities. None of this "well your first 5 rounds were legal but the rest were excessive force so your now on a murder charge" bollocks. Fear of being slammed for doing your job will cause hesitation and hesitation in that instance (terrorist with an AK, or wearing a suicide vest with finger on the detonator) could have disastrous consequences.

I agree with most on here however, that this Mumbai style of attack isnt a case of if but when its going to happen. AQ have tried the big spectacular plane crash scenario, London train/bus bombings, Glasgow Airport Attacks etc Sooner or later the penny will drop that they will create many more casualties by sending out 6 blokes with AK's and a couple of grenades outside Old Trafford on derby day, on Princes Street during the Hogmanay Party or at the Cenotaph in London during the Remembrance Day Parade. Even if a response team happened to be there onsite and managed to kill all of the terrorists within 30 seconds, how many magazines each could they fire into a panic stricken crowd with nowhere to run? 2 or maybe 3 each? Whats that, 360 to 540 rounds? That’s carnage!!!

I don’t know if this is true, but I remember hearing that after 9/11 the US Authorities gathered some action movie Directors and asked " what would make a great disaster movie if it were a terrorist attack". As crazy as that sounds, it makes sense considering 9/11 was literally like a disaster movie. For me personally, the thought of several groups of terrorists going into various schools across the UK and opening fire, or shooting down a 757 on take off from a main road outside the airport, or attacking a fleeing crowd during a major event……………….. Its terrifying and I cant understand why they haven't done it yet.

I agree, Spenny; the Hogmanay Party is a spectacular waiting to happen. In fact, brass up any large crowd in a relatively enclosed area and panic will do much of the job for you. There will probably be more casualties from people being crushed to death than shot.

As for why they have'nt done it before, like I say, it's partly because since 9/11 they have been obsessed with with bringing down 'planes, or suicide bombers. And of course when they do get it right we end up with Madrid or 7/7. But the penny has dropped for Al Queda that big spectaculars like that are too unreliable.

The other reason is our police and spooks are rather good and don't drop the ball very often. And we most likely don't hear about half the terrorist attacks that are quietly nipped in the bud.

Two snippet from the t-online Website:

"German-Afghan held in U.S. military prison

The information about the terrorist plans were based on interrogation of a German-Afghan, who has been interrogated for several weeks by U.S. investigators in the U.S. military prison in Bagram. The man belongs to a group of Islamists from Hamburg, who in March 2009 had traveled to the Afghan-Pakistani border area to be trained in the terrorist camps there. The man has stated that the assassination plans had been approved by Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, said the U.S. broadcaster ABC."

Almost déjà vu, innit – Islamists and Hamburg? Haven`t we had this connection once before, something to do with tall buildings in New York?

"Suspect names backers

According to ZDF, the suspect has given the names of several backers to the authorities, which is why he is judged to be credible."

No comment!

According to the t-online site, London, Paris and Berlin were likely candidates. Mebbe – methinks Alky-Kyda is perhaps slowly learning the value of dispersed targeting, and especially the benefits of moving on to "softer" targets. A pile of mangled corpses is a pile of mangled corpses – they don`t necessarily have to be strewn around a capital city.

I wonder if they`ll ever get into SOE type operations on railway lines? Take, for example, the TGV track from Lyon to Paris. Outside of those two cities there is practically nothing but around 300 miles of countryside. During the night plant a couple of concealed and radio-controlled bombs on the track at about the half-way point, wait until the ram-jam full early-morning commuter TGV comes along – then just melt away; with a head start, no one knowing in which direction you are headed and in the European country with the biggest Moozleman population.

Does anyone really think it couldn`t happen? Isn`t it basically just what we were doing some 70 years ago - but in a different context?

Doc1701

War Hero
And as has already been stated, they only have to be lucky once. I'm not insulting our police and security services; they have done some fantastic work and probably saved thousands of lives. But 7/7 proved they are not infallible. The RIRA have planted big fcuk off bombs, shot soldiers dead in their own barracks and took pot shots at PSNI without the Spooks being able to stop them. And AQ is potentially far more dangerous than RIRA.

Actually, to make a biggish impact they don't even need trained people at all. All you need to do is find a place that overlooks somewhere where there are regularly big queues, like some popular tourist site, and aim an AK roughly at it. Put a webcam onto it looking in the same direction as the gat is pointed, and some form of remote trigger. All the thing will do is empty the 30-round mag at the crowd, but given how "spray and pray" an AK is, that'd do the trick.

Having a few Jihadi morons running around as well would help, since it would give THEM a target to focus on and go looking for to shoot (dressing the Jihadis as traffic wardens might be a nice touch), which would add to the confusion. However, all a group like this wants to do is cause a huge terrorist flap, and all it needs to do is spray off at groups of tourists or at crowds of people; actually being effective killers isn't really necessary.

T

trowel

I think you should all stop now. All you are doing is giving ideas to the sort of morons who would be happy to put them into practice.

Some interesting scenarios on the potential attacks! Lets not forget Parliament has been breached before, albeit with no weapons :-
"Parliament was suspended after five protesters burst into the Commons chamber while MPs debated whether to ban hunting with dogs.
Four of the men ran out from behind the speaker's chair - another wrestled past a doorkeeper from a different entrance.
Once the Commons resumed business, MPs voted, as expected, to back a ban on hunting with dogs by 339 to 155 votes.
It later emerged the intruders had probably been aided by a Commons passholder. Police are investigating" see full report :- BBC NEWS | Politics | Pro-hunt protesters storm Commons

If this sort of attack happened with say grenades, AK's & petrol bombs during one of the PM's question times it would cause carnage, link that with an attack on Buck House and virtually all armed response would have been absorbed leaving softer targets like Oxford Steet, canary wharf, Brent cross shopping center, any major railway station etc at severe risk!
If this scenario could be repeated simultaniously throughout almost any major town & city in the UK, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Bradford, Leicester, Bristol etc where there are already large Muslim populations, it would produce huge ammounts of chaos & terror!
Getting weapons, as has already been stated, will not be a problem, the Somali criminal gang who shot a Policewoman to death in Bradford were armed with machine guns :- Somali gangster jailed for life for killing policewoman Sharon Beshenivsky - Times Online
Getting caught or killed is of little consequence to the would be terrorists as has already been proved by the innumerable suicide bombings both here and abroad have proved! Their only motive is to grab media attention and force weak governments into more & more concessions to their archaic religious demands!
Lets hope our security forces are really on the ball and act before any such scenario can become reality!!

I think you should all stop now. All you are doing is giving ideas to the sort of morons who would be happy to put them into practice.

Agreed. I removed a post of mine for the same reason. One of the things stopping these attacks is a lack of original thinking on the part of the sort of halfwits who launch attacks using exploding underpants. No point us volunteering as their think-tank.

Fair point but none of us on here are brain surgeons so nothing we have posted is anything they wouldn't have already thought of.

No it woudn't, even disasters are rarely disastrous, if you catch my drift. This isn't Pakistan.
A few dozen/score/hundred people may die and a few hundred thousand may be a bit late home for their dinner, but life will go on.
The great British public will watch it briefly on telly, tut, shake their heads and then turn over for The X Factor.

Have you seen the size of these places though? Fcuking huge. It would take a shit-load of explosives to put one of them out of action.

Not really possible. I deliver to several supermarket distribution wharehouses and if you were to demolish half a dozen of them the impact would be negligible. It would disrupt a few hundred stores for a couple of days but thats about it. The food supply chain wouldn't be dramatically affected
Distribution would just shift to other depots. In most cases stock isn't in the wharehouses for very long and is in and out within 12 hours or so.

I think the word credible needs to examined. If it was bang on, the threat level would raise and various agencies kick in to place. There would be arrests, if it was best guess analysis then it may not be as credible as we are led to believe. I would guess that there are a hundred separate credible threats against mainland GB on a daily basis, that does not mean they will happen. It will truly be credible when the sound of A K fire is rattling around the streets of London.

Some interesting scenarios on the potential attacks! Lets not forget Parliament has been breached before, albeit with no weapons :-..............If this sort of attack happened with say grenades, AK's & petrol bombs during one of the PM's question times it would cause carnage.............

Oh you tease :) Think how much money we would have saved and then we can have no one to moan about, apart from the usual doleys, chavs etc in one go

Spenny

War Hero

Bollocks. All they have to do is take a trip to Blockbuster, hire a any Die Hard Movie and they are sorted!! Die Hard - Lunatics take over a building they intend to blow up. Die Hard 2 Lunatic takes over air traffic control and crashes planes. Die Hard 3 - Lunatic plants a bomb in a school and nicks money from the federal reserve. Die Hard 4.0 - another lunatic uses hackers to breach the Governments key computer systems. If thats fails they can rent any of the 8 series of 24 and its a ****ing working plan in progress.

I dont think a few ARRSERS gobbing off is going to make a big difference to be honest.

I don’t know if this is true, but I remember hearing that after 9/11 the US Authorities gathered some action movie Directors and asked " what would make a great disaster movie if it were a terrorist attack". As crazy as that sounds, it makes sense considering 9/11 was literally like a disaster movie.

Or perhaps very close to a Tom Clancy novel...

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

The_Duke

LE
Christ there has been some gibberish on this thread.

The mere term "terrorism" has hundreds of attempted definitions, none of which have gained universal acceptance. On common element however is the "desire to create fear". As such, casualties are secondary to the FEAR of casualties.

Someone pointed out earlier in the thread that the casualties from the 7/7 bombings, as hideous as they were for those involved and their families, were very limited - a month or so's worth of deaths on the roads. People were very, very wary of catching public transport for some time afterwards, but were happy to jump on pushbikes - which regularly generate dozens on deaths on the road per year.

So what? Forget Houses of Parliament, powerstations, supply depots or sporting events. No-one is really bothered about MPs and most of us do not work in power stations or supply depots or have to go to watch sports. Why target areas with specific security plans in place which most people have little or no interest in? Make people afraid of things they HAVE to do, and you may have a real impact on life in the UK. Stop people going to work and normal life (and UK PLC business interests) grinds to a halt.

Think low level public transport (commuter, not flight), city centres, main pedestrian walkways at rush hour (London Bridge, for those in the City?). Of course, the more effort they focus on the HofP, the better for all of us!