Mugs for Sale

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Oct 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

2. Just ordered, now how long until the Aladdin Mugs are in the shop??
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I can't get the real Aladdin mugs as the importer will only sell me mixed colour boxes - I can't just buy green and black. I don't want to sell crap versions that the handles fall off etc, so haven't done it at all. That said, if anyone can recommend a good, solid alternative to the Aladdin I'll look again. I had posted that somewhere but god knows where.
  4. The best mugs I have seen for ex useage are these ones from LifeVenture. Unfortunately, I do not think they do them with designs, but they might consider it if there was enough interest maybe??? Just about everyone I know has switched from the Aladdin-type to these (that said, I woud definitely buy another couple if ARRSE logos abounded ;)

They are usually about 9 quid in the PRI shop, but are well worth the cash. Fit exactly into an ammo pouch as well (apparently :? ;))

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Exactly the input needed, thanks Ghost_Rider. I'll look into it tomorrow.
  6. second ghost rider,

lifeventure mugs fantastic and fit all the nooks and crannies in a rover as well as ammo pouches (alledgedly) to email theie customer service team
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the link fadington. I've written to liveventure and am now waiting for the reply.
  8. Similar mugs can be had from Gelert.
  9. Lifeventure style I've found are best.

They take a good shoeing, don't leak, and comfortably fit in a ammo pouch (apparently :lol: ).
  10. I am aware of the Gelert variant, but have found them to be of a lower quality than the Life Venture ones. LV have much better "brew-keeping-warm-for longer" properties, as well as being more robust in a "being-thrown-out-of-4-Tonner-whilst-driving-and-still-not-leaking" type of fashion :D

The difference in cost (£9 for LV compared to about £6 for Gelert) is not so significant that you would choose the cheaper option. I have had seen the Gelert ones fail to make it to the end of a 1-week exercise, so (in my opinion) its a no-brainer.

But thanks for the input - at least people are putting a bit of thought into useful kit.

And the LV fit nicely into an ammo pouch (apparently ;))

11. Well my mug arrived today and I love it :D
    Every ARRSEr needs to get one 8)

Well done Bad CO, very fast service indeed.
  12. while we're talking about LV mugs... anyone worked out a use for the inside of the lid yet??
  13. ........and where that smell comes from when freshly washed, and what it is??????
  14. Aladdin make mugs with the screw top as well. Saw them in Cotswolds today for #7.50 therefore they cost less than four quid each trade. A cheeky sticker applied (and these can be sold seperately) and Bob's your uncle. Bit of a mark up for the shop and you're done.

P.S. I am not doing them!
  15. Just a "naughty" how about a ceramic Kathy West Forces Sweetheart mug with a piccy of her in the Sandhurst kit!

Heres the Sales pitch! When you fill it with a hot beverage her undercrackers dissapear and then....oh eck the wifes coming up the stairs.... dam wheres the post button.....