Mugabes vision...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Proximo, Dec 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here are 2 phots of what Mugabe's land reform policies really mean for the inhabitants of that country. 200,000 inhabitants evicted in short order.

Before (L) and After (R)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry guys - no oil = no hope of salavation.

Shame really - be a pretty cracking op!

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What's wrong with that Darth ?

Uncle Bob was put in place by the likes of Hain, Bliar, Straw & the rest of the sceeching mob because they knew best, so whatever he does must be for the greater good.

3. Mugabe's nominally Marxist-Leninist - come on, Nehustan, aren't you supposed to be jumping to his aid? Locked doors you can see, and all that?

4. I wonder how much more crap the Zimbabweans can take before they snap.

5. The next big civil war perhaps? Either way, I'm sure we'll be there eventually! Wouldn't mind having a crack at Mugabe myself...

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You've got to be in it to win it.

7. we won't go there, as Darth_Doctrinus says there is no oil

8. I am really amazed we let thise slide in a commonwealth (though suspended as far as I know) for so long! It wouldn't be hard to knock this joint over would it? And who would say we were wrong? Though the number of troops to deploy would stretch us and the yanks, why doesn't NATO/UN pull there thumbs out and do something?

9. I'm not normally an advocate of assassination, but in Mugabes case I'm willing to make an exception. The fcuker has managed to destroy a fantastic country.

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The Brits won't do anything that GW hasn't told them to, besides Oom Bob is their boy.
    As Darth says the septics won't go due to the lack of oil.
    The UN is a toothless old dog, and as to why the Commonwealth won't do anything just read 'The Great Betrayal' by Ian Smith, (ISBN 1 85782 2021)

11. Who would say we were wrong?

Every other African tin pot dictator ( so that's pretty much the whole of Africa then)

The UN would undoubtedly get its knickers in a twist for an ex imperial super power flexing some gunboat diplomacy.

And let's not forget about all the usual suspects at home (Guardianistas etc) who would suddenly be touting Mugabe as the next Mandela. Not much of a stretch that, as he was a terr, too!

I believe there is nothing that we can do to improve the lot of the Zimbabweans without dropping ourselves in the brown and smelly.

12. south africans won' t let whitey in.
    The UN's most important rule is the soverienty of nation states you can do what the hell you like in your backyard and the un won't say BOO plus the UN needs indivudual states to vote to do something about uncle bob.
    african tyrants voting for the world to go in and sort one of there own out be like turkeys voting for christmas.
    oh well if my lottery ticket comes up couple of plains into the airport first person to nail bob get a bonus :)
    install the mdc with the proviso if you **** up we can replace you too :(

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bloody right TMW, that about covers it.
    But 'we' won't be doing anything to help the ordinary Zimbo, Bliar holds Oom Bob as a shining example of government as Tone wants it, and is doing his level best to emulate him.

14. Hmmm... Would invasion really be such a good idea??? Iraq was supposed to be a piece-of-piss but it didn't work out so easy... plus it would inevitably cause a lot of civilian casualities...

I think we should be putting even more pressure on the surrounding countries... Mugabe doesn't care what we say - he is happy to court Iran and China... But we do have leverage with the surrounding countries and can get them to influence Zimbabwe...

Shame though - nice country... and ought to be doing well...

Tricam.

15. hippys spot on.

the SA republic ANC party will never let an 'evil western imperialist' inter'fear' with its next door neighbor, no matter how much of a one party oligarcy it becomes.