Mugabes latest attempt to destroy his country

I've just seen on the news that the Zimbabwe Parliament has passed a bill to move majority control of Foreign owned companies to Black Zimbabweans
"The Goal is to ensure at least a 51% shareholding by indigneous Black people in the majority of businesses"

Notwithstanding the fact that these shareholdings will go to ZANU-PF cronies of Mugabe,doesn't it furthur highlight the fact that as a nation Zimbabwe is in desperate need of direct intervention by the West,Instead we get Gordon Browns threat to not attend the EU-Africa summit,and pathetic EU sanctions which have achieved nothing!

commander-adama said:
doesn't it furthur highlight the fact that as a nation Zimbabwe is in desperate need of direct intervention by the West,Instead we get Gordon Browns threat to not attend the EU-Africa summit,and pathetic EU sanctions which have achieved nothing!
Unfortunately if we so much are did a low pass 400 miles away from them the rest of Africa and loony whites would be up in arms screaming COLONIALISM. Does that mean foreign banks will have their assets stolen. Can’t see them stumping up 51% of Barclays Bank shares, even the government would have problems.

Unfortunately if we so much are did a low pass 400 miles away from them the rest of Africa and loony whites would be up in arms screaming COLONIALISM.
Loony blacks as well. Mugabe as built a career on anti-white/colonialism, hence why he has, more or less, got away with proposing idiot policies like these. It's only when they go dramatically wrong that he's called to account. Any attempt by us, Britian especially, and any Western power in Zimbwawe and we'll have a bloody fight on our hands with the last of his die-hard supporters.

This should be dealt with by the neighbouring states, but they has of yet don't have the courage to tackle the 'hero anti-colonist'.

Nicholas Van Hoogstraten has invested heavily in property in Zimbabwe!

Poetic justice - couldn't happen to a nicer fellow. Hope he loses the bloody lot!

Unfortunately the law allows it to be waived by the government in special circumstances aka. the ones that pay Mugabe and his cronies enough in kickbacks. They also get to vet the new Zimbabwean owners and veto them so no selling out to the MDC supporters either.

I completely agree that Zim should have total black african control of their country as mugabe wants.

But on one condition.

NO white, yellow, tanned or none black african man or woman of any nationality should be allowed to have ANY involvement whatsover in the country.

Good enough for mugabe to implement, good enough for the rest of the world to respect.

I'd give Zim around 2 months tops to survive before descending into the stone age as opposed to the 2 years tops they have at the moment.

Try doing something without America will you

Oh wait, America is no longer that evil, empire building monster, is it?

USMarineX said:

What are you on about?

The general consensus is to let the African deal with it whether we like it or not.

Why does Britain have to get involved?
If the African nations will not sort this issue out, what right, or indeed ab8ility, does the UK have?

Iolis said:
Nicholas Van Hoogstraten has invested heavily in property in Zimbabwe!

Poetic justice - couldn't happen to a nicer fellow. Hope he loses the bloody lot!
Any danger of this person's property at risk,very much doudt it? seems abit ironic while many starve in Zimbabwe his charmless daughter lives the life of luxury etc.and at present is attending Leeds Uni,taking law-how to keep despotic black rulers happy and not loose your business law?
Chrles Davey

commander-adama said:
I've just seen on the news that the Zimbabwe Parliament has passed a bill to move majority control of Foreign owned companies to Black Zimbabweans
"The Goal is to ensure at least a 51% shareholding by indigneous Black people in the majority of businesses"

Notwithstanding the fact that these shareholdings will go to ZANU-PF cronies of Mugabe,doesn't it furthur highlight the fact that as a nation Zimbabwe is in desperate need of direct intervention by the West,Instead we get Gordon Browns threat to not attend the EU-Africa summit,and pathetic EU sanctions which have achieved nothing!

The World would be a better place if we just ignored him.

Yes people would suffer but they are going to anyway. As long as we give aid we are supporting regimes suh as this.
Africans need to solve Africas problems. Interventionism started this and interventionism is prolonging it.

well perhaps the best thing is to wait until the country goes t**s up (and it will) then go in with aid and other support, once he has gone his supporters will soon dissapear, if their fellow country men don't get to them first..... Sending in troops at the moment would be counter productive.... both Zim and Burma are on the way out, its just a matter of a waiting game.

lets pour some money into re building our armed forces in the mean time, and our efforts in getting a more democratic government ourselves, at the monent we are living in a electural dictatoriship...... Who of us said Mr B could become PM not me for sure

perhaps a few poll tax type protests might make him sit up and listen, it did Mrs M and I have lots of respect for her......

Trouble as I see it today is that there are to few polititans that are honest and open speak the truth..... They are only interesting in their own goals and don't really care what we say.... even if the oter side go in not a lot would change.... its the Civil Service that run the shop, especially the Permanent Under Sec..... Un elected people

There thats me for the morning, now where my pullet proof vest and tank Im off to work

Duncan

Agree with HAT20

Davy's father, Charles Davy, a millionaire safari operator in Zimbabwe, has come under fire for supposed ties with the dictator Robert Mugabe. He owns the company HHK Safaris, which controls five hunting concessions and fifteen camps. Hunting licences in Zimbabwe are given out at the discretion of Mugabe's regime, with no transparent process.[10] In June 2005, Charles Davy spoke to The Daily Telegraph about his business partnership with Webster Shamu, an MP in Mugabe's Zanu-PF party. "I am in business with Mr Shamu and have been for five years", said Davy. "We have an excellent and honest business partnership. Why should this change? [/b]I am in business not politics." He also claimed that he had been hurt by Mugabe's land grabbing and had been forced to give up 140,000 acres to the government.[11] Despite his interview with The Telegraph, articles about Chelsy Davy will still occasionally mention her father's ties with the government of Zimbabwe

My bold,

My Uncle was also in buiness not politics, but he did on several occasions present Uncle Bob with a few specalised farming machines for Uncle Bobs farms . Just as a casual gift as it were. Not in any way to try to curry favor in order keep his own business from being stolen. He is now in SA after guess what happened ?

Charles Davy is just a business man of course.

USMarineX said:

What are you going on about!!
At least America has imposed some kind of sanction s on Mugabe unlike the EU who's attempts at any kind of sanction on Mugabe are pathetic.

Where are all the "racist" chanters? Surely they should be calling for WW3 to stop this "racist" from being "unfair" to non-blacks?

commander-adama said:

This is eerily reminiscent of Idi Amin's seizure of Asian owned businesses in Uganda in the 1970s. The consequence was the collapse of their economy as businesses were handed out as favours to cronies who hadn't a clue how to run them.

The Asian business classes fled to the UK and Canada where many of them simply started over again and due course became quite wealthy. Apparently nowadays the Ugandan government is actively encouraging them to return to help build their economy.