You couldn't make it up! What's the point of a travel ban if it doesn't apply to the families as well?
Is the British Taxpayer Paying for Mugabe's Daughter
Conservative MP James Duddridge has discovered that Robert Mugabe's daughter Bona is studying at the LSE. He asked Ian McCartney about it in the House of Commons earlier having alerted him to the issue this morning. Bearing in mind McCartney had several hours to look into the issue, his responses were less than illuminating. When asked if the British taxpayer was paying any of the cost of her education he said "I don't know". James Duddridge has now written to McCartney asking five key questions...
1) Who authorised Bona Mugabeâs visa?
2) Who pays Bonaâs tuition fees?
3) What liaison has there been with the UK authorities in relation to Bonaâs personal safety and protection?
4) Has any taxpayersâ money been spent?
5) What consideration has the Government given to extending the travel ban to include all members of Robert Mugabeâs family?
We look forward to some quick answers.