Mugabees newest racist law

Sod him.
If he takes measures to put his country out of business, next time he claims it's all Britain's fault, people are going to look at him like this: 8O .

Or maybe like this: :? .

I still don't understand why the white minority has clung on to this shitehole, its obviously a hostile place for them?? Perhaps its a 'white mentality' thing, "You're not welcome" - "We'll stay then!"

South Africa used to play 2nd fiddle to Zim's fruit and grain exports, and now makes billions out of this 'crisis,' so you can expect no pressure from them to resolve this, although they have the power to do so.

Watching a prog on the Beeb this am - showing how some Zimbabweans are making shedloads of cash out of the country - nothing to do with being family relations of Mugabe of course.....

Ebagum ought to be glad he ain't got any oil, as for the whites in there its time to mag and get the fcuk outta there.
Leave him to it and stop giving him the oxygen of publicity.

Chicken_George said:
Ebagum ought to be glad he ain't got any oil, as for the whites in there its time to mag and get the fcuk outta there.
You're right, but it's a crying shame. I have a friend who grew up in Rhodesia and 'bitter' doesn't begin to convey what she feels about the current situation.

It's difficult to put into perspective, but the country she grew up in has vanished. The place she thought she'd always call home has been replaced by a vaguely familiar third world version where she is the enemy.

dunstaggin said:
Labour put him in power .

They got rid of a guy who flew with Rhodesian Squadrons in the Battle of Britain for communists like Mugabe.

That was clever of them, seeing as Jim Callaghan left No.10 in May 1979 and Zimbabwe became independent in April 1980. Talking of British influence over the first Zimbabwean elections though, there is this interesting blurb from Wiki (my bold):

Prime Minister Mugabe kept Peter Walls, the head of the army, in his government and put him in charge of integrating the Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army (ZIPRA), Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army (ZANLA), and the Rhodesian Army. While Western media outlets praised Mugabe's efforts at reconciliation with the white minority, tension soon developed. On March 17, 1980, after several unsuccessful assassination attempts Mugabe asked Walls, "Why are your men trying to kill me?" Walls replied, "If they were my men you would be dead." BBC news interviewed Walls on August 11, 1980. He told the BBC that he had asked British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to annul the 1980 presidential election prior to the official announcement of the result on the grounds that Mugabe used intimidation to win the election. Walls said Thatcher had not replied to his request. On August 12 British government officials denied that they had not responded, saying Antony Duff, Deputy Governor of Salisbury, told Walls on March 3 that Thatcher would not annul the election.

spot_the_dog said:
I still don't understand why the white minority has clung on to this shitehole, its obviously a hostile place for them?? Perhaps its a 'white mentality' thing, "You're not welcome" - "We'll stay then!"
Perhaps they're proud to be where are from, have a real of the love the land they were raised on and regard themselves as much a part of that country as their black compatriots.

Don't you wish they had something that could benefit the 'West'. Mugabe would be a hanging from a rope in the middle of a smoking hole in the ground if he had oil.

WhiteRabbit said:
dunstaggin said:

They got rid of a guy who flew with Rhodesian Squadrons in the Battle of Britain for communists like Mugabe.
That was clever of them, seeing as Jim Callaghan left No.10 in May 1979 and Zimbabwe became independent in April 1980.
I think he was referring to the two Wilson tenures - which pretty much nailed the lid shut for Rhodesia. The Tories were basically saddled with a mess not of their making. There's no reason why Rhodesia could not have been a stable independent Commonwealth Realm had it not been sanctioned to **** under two Wilson governments (Heath was never in long enough to achieve anything remotely useful and was more interested in the EEC).

Smith was on the noddle when it came to understanding what would happen with majority rule, and quite rightly told Wilson to ram it. Imposing sanctions on a colony simply because it refused to kowtow to the 'right on' attitudes that prevailed in a country half a world away was madness. Rhodesia should have been supported, not punished. But as the march of Communism across Africa in the wake of European colonialism pretty much suited the Marxist agenda of Labour and its supporters, it was knackered. So yes, Zimbabwe is a Labour creation. Another fcuking success story on a CV of disasters.

Labour were also singularly responsible for the deification of this individual.

BuckFelize said:
WhiteRabbit said:
dunstaggin said:

That was clever of them, seeing as Jim Callaghan left No.10 in May 1979 and Zimbabwe became independent in April 1980.
I think he was referring to the two Wilson tenures - which pretty much nailed the lid shut for Rhodesia. The Tories were basically saddled with a mess not of their making. There's no reason why Rhodesia could not have been a stable independent Commonwealth Realm had it not been sanctioned to * under two Wilson governments (Heath was never in long enough to achieve anything remotely useful and was more interested in the EEC).

Smith was on the noddle when it came to understanding what would happen with majority rule, and quite rightly told Wilson to ram it. Imposing sanctions on a colony simply because it refused to kowtow to the 'right on' attitudes that prevailed in a country half a world away was madness. Rhodesia should have been supported, not punished. But as the march of Communism across Africa in the wake of European colonialism pretty much suited the Marxist agenda of Labour and its supporters, it was knackered. So yes, Zimbabwe is a Labour creation. Another fcuking success story on a CV of disasters.

Labour were also singularly responsible for the deification of this individual.
Ian Smith was sooooo loyal to the UK that he declared unilateral independence in the early 60's. The country he and his administration created then had to suffer under UN economic sanctions. I'm not trying to defend the Wilson govs but at the time we were losing colonies hand over fist and Smith refused to play the game and made things a lot worse with what was a pig headed attitude.

I do concede though that what went before Mugabe was far more humane than what that particular pig headed half wit is doing now. I believe that he blamed Blair for the last crop failure stating that it was due to a chemical attack by us. And his favourite get-out-of-jail-card is to rant publicly that he will ensure that Zimbabwe will never surrender to the white imperialist invasion that is massing and on their way.

Ian Smith was a great man trying to do the best for his country.

The unilateral declaration of independence was for a reason, he didn't do it on a whim.

harareboy99 said:
Ian Smith was a great man trying to do the best for his country.

The unilateral declaration of independence was for a reason, he didn't do it on a whim.
I agree, my mother was brought up in Rhodesia and I have always had an interest in the region. Looking now with the benefit of hindsight I can see that UDI while at the time condemned was in fact the only real option open to Smith. If he had accepted majority rule, at the time when Russian and Cuban backed communists were sweeping through Africa and the majority black population were not ready for self governance then Rhodesia would very quickly have succumbed and the spread of communism in that part of Africa would not have been checked.

We all know Mugabe is black and therefore cannot be racist.

I cant wait til theres a statue of the great man in Parliament Square, there's one of the terrorist Mandela, so why not?

mick4075 said:
Don't you wish they had something that could benefit the 'West'. Mugabe would be a hanging from a rope in the middle of a smoking hole in the ground if he had oil.

We could always use the cvnts palace as the POA for the next set of TLAM validation trials.

Semper_Flexibilis said:
mick4075 said:

We could always use the cvnts palace as the POA for the next set of TLAM validation trials.
What would come next though? One of his cronies takes the reigns? All-out chaos in the resultant political vacuum?

I think it's going to take a lot more than an assassination to sort out Zim. All very well getting rid of the incumbent but you must have something better to replace it with, and fast - not so different from Iraq I suppose. And I'd argue that in the case of a country like Zim wanting to reform itself, real change needs to come from within.

However, if the current set of circumstances haven't pushed Zimbabweans to reform or revolution in a positive direction, I can hardly see what will. =|

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar69 ARRSE: Site Issues 5
Arthur3bums Films, Music and All Things Artsy 0
Friendly_Fire Army Reserve 1