• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mugabe

There is some Zimbabwe registered airline that appears in the Far East with MD-11s, so these triples may be going to replace or join these jets.
I caught a very brief glimpse of one of those freighters a couple of years ago, early on a Sunday morning. Apparently it had stopped in Prestwick for fuel and after topping-up it scarpered tout de suite when questions were asked as to its provenance and the backlog of unpaid bills. It was on its second or third airline-name-change by then.

Looks like it has changed reg and airline name again since then and now doing some charters for Emirates, I suppose that generates hard cash:
Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Last edited:
I caught a very brief glimpse of one of those freighters a couple of years ago, early on a Sunday morning.

"WTF is a Z-reg MD-11 doing heading west over NI at 05:00?" I did think to myself.

Apparently it had stopped in Prestwick for fuel and after topping-up it scarpered tout de suite when questions were asked as to its provenance and the backlog of unpaid bills. It was on its second or third airline-name-change by then.

Looks like it has changed reg and airline name again since then:
Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!
They show their faces in Thai airspace from time to time, but they just overfly.

All Z reg aircraft need to be barred from European airspace.

Latest Threads