ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yep.
    Power corrupts etc etc etc

2. I know, I was hoping for some good news after the week I had

3. This declaration of diplomatic immunity was issued illegally:
    1) Grace Mugabe was in SA on private business when she assaulted an SA citizen.
    2) The notice of immunity was granted after the assault, not before the assault.
    3) Diplomatic immunity doesnt cover assault, a "grave crime".

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yea, but...
    No, but...
    Yeah - well - issa respeck fing, innit? Her being important and stuff, innit.

All about par for the course, unfortunately.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. The model has quite a hash

in her forehead.

6. Too late to edit, it's now preserved for all time :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jacob and Bob thank you for your naivete.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Time is running out, but I really, really hope Uncle Bob winds up dancing the hemp fandango from a lamppost in downtown Salisbury, err Harare...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. meerkatz

meerkatz On ROPs

Rhodesia is now one of China's African colonies.

• Like Like x 2
  10. It would be better for the population of Rhodesia if the Chinese took full control, and Mugabe + wife were left swinging off lamposts in Salisbury.

Preferably broadcast live.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bob has run out of foreign reserves, can't afford to lease four ex-Malaysian 777s for Air Zimbabwe's shopping-trips.

I mean, if you're going to lease a 777 then probably the cheapest source is Malaysian Airlines given that they're dumping them ASAP to rebrand themselves. But still not cheap enough.

Lack of funding stifling Zimbabwe Airways B777 lease plan

Most of the groundwork had been done and what was left was Air Zimbabwe to pay to activate the lease but the airline does not have the money and the shareholder (government) for now has no capacity,” a source told the newspaper.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Air Zim's biggest problem is destinations.
    They are banned from European skies, and only fly Lusaka, Jhb, Harare, Vic Falls and Bulawayo at present.
    Even Jhb is becoming dodgy for them - a couple of times the jets have been seized by sherifs over unpaid fuel/maintenance bills etc.
    Also, as they are 'state assets', they are liable to be seized by people who have taken cases against the Zim gubberment - like white farmers.

13. Damn, when I was the Mugabe thread come up, I was hopeing it was to announce Comrade Bob was dangling from a length of hemp, and this was viewable on youtube. Another day, maybe?.

Comrade Bob has had for a number of years friendly relations with the Malaysians, so may have got a good deal on these triples.

There is some Zimbabwe registered airline that appears in the Far East with MD-11s, so these triples may be going to replace or join these jets.

The Malaysian triples are Rolls Royce powered, so Comrade Bob had better not upset the UK government, or he might find spares are not available for these engines.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1