Mugabe Wants Cheap Electricity Too

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Nov 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No surprise there then, the man's been absolutley barking since 1979 if not before.

2. We made Rhodesia great he made Zimbabwe ruins!

3. Feck me, imagine that crazy mafakka with nukes..

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

He can't seriously believe he's going to be allowed to pursue a nuclear reactor?!

From the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4455324.stm

5. That would be the straw that broke the camels' back as far as western intervention goes.

6. Kindly donated by china or N. Korea probably...

7. Nah... Mugabe himself doesn't really believe it...

Its just a piece of propaganda to keep himself in power... A bit like when he said the crop shortages are caused by a lack of rain etc etc etc etc....

Tricam.

8. I think we should donate some nuclear technology to Zimbabwe.... a 20 Megaton airburst over Harare should do the trick... Most of the opposition have been chased into the countryside anyway... Goodbye ZANU PF!

9. I seem to remember that Zim's neighbour the DRC had Uranium deposits. I also seem to remember than the Zimbawbain army was tooling around the DRC. I wonder, has he just annexed part of the DRC?......it makes him look like a former leader of germany in the 30's....

10. Except in germany, the trains ran on time....

11. Mugabe wants free electricity? I'll say he does; around about 40,000 volts DC would do nicely right up his jacksi!

12. Actually, there's a fair bit of uranium in the country, all of it underground and unmined. It takes serious investment to put in place the infrastructure to mine, process and ship the stuff out. Nobody in his right mind is going to shovel forex into Zimbabwe right now; RTZ had all of theirs expropriated last month to shore up the IMF debt, and they aren't too chuffed about that. On power; this report is a classic of its' type. Just in the last 5 months the frequency of power cuts has risen dramatically (except in locales where pals of the Big Cheese live, of course), and the Zessa response to queries about it has become more surreal. When under pressure, tell a whopper about Light At The End of the Tunnel. Standard African Big Cheese stuff.

13. Mugabe is a nasty piece of work, world will be a better place when he goes to burn in hell!

14. He's barking mad. I suggest offering him a sample, a nice big chunk of uranium to go by his bedside...