Mugabe rival quits election race

Anybody care?

fight back I say, take it to Mugabe's Palace and then line him up against a wall and shot.

If I was living there that would be my option, however bad it is, what he is doing worse, my snapping point would have been reached long ago.

having been back in africa for a short while after getting out... i now realise that i need to get the f-out of this continent rapid. I think Di'Caprio said it in Blood Diamond... God left this place a long time ago....

Not surprising, really. No election was ever going to get rid of Mugabe, no pointing getting your people killed for nothing.

The other Blood Diamond saying summed it up - TIA.

This is African "Culture". The same "culture" that we are commanded to embrace over here as part of the "multicultural" revolution.
It's becoming very popular in London, just check the news any day of the week.

Good on him, He would never have won anyway atleast now alot of people will grow up with their hands. The place is fcuked up big time, and it will never change.

EX_STAB said:
This is African "Culture". The same "culture" that we are commanded to embrace over here as part of the "multicultural" revolution.
It's becoming very popular in London, just check the news any day of the week.
are you refering to street crime, or the behaviour of our politicians?

Ski.

Sadly inevitable, a lot of people are going to die out there before too much longer.

pyrogenica said:
Sadly inevitable, a lot of people are going to die out there before too much longer.
maybe i'm just cynical, but post genocide, our political overlords will say, if only we could have seen this coming, perhaps we could have done something.......

I watch this on the news with despair and frustration, this country was once called 'the bread basket of Africa' and now they're lucky if they can make a slice of toast. I remember the blokes coming back off the ceasefire monitoring team stating that the place would fall apart under ZANU, it took it's time but it surely has.
Some of you may remember the influx we had from the Rhodesian army after it all, all decent blokes who knew what was coming. Why the fcuk we haven't intervened is beyond me, no oil perhaps.
The lack of action when British passport holders were getting burned off their farms to me was an act of betrayal from the spineless Govt that will never be surpassed.

Anyhow, rant over.

Hahahahaha hohoohoho heehehehehee

Oh my ribs.

I agree completely, Ski, the politicians are preparing to blame everyone but themselves.

Jack-Daniels, I'd love to agree with you, and I do in many respects, but are you talking about those same loyal British-passort waving white Rhodesians who were so supportive of that monster Ian Smith's regime, when UDI was declared?

If so, then
to quote PartTimePongo said:
He was worse than Mugabe, in many respects. Especially if you had dark skin.

pyrogenica said:
I agree completely, Ski, the politicians are preparing to blame everyone but themselves.

Jack-Daniels, I'd love to agree with you, and I do in many respects, but are you talking about those same loyal British-passort waving white Rhodesians who were so supportive of that monster Ian Smith's regime, when UDI was declared?

If so, then
to quote PartTimePongo said:
Fair one, but I'm just amazed at the lack of action from any fcuker with regards to Mugabe, I've got two mates who are ex C Sqn and they look on in utter fcuking despair to.
Surely even though Smith and his cohorts were misguided they kept the country on an even keel all be it at the repression of the majority of the population but at least they weren't burnt out of their gaffs and chopped up.
Anyhow, it maybe Mr Stella talking at this time of night but I hope some twat slots that little pathetic cnut.

Don't misunderstand me, two wrongs never make a right, and Mugabe is an evil bast*ard of the worst kind.

Hopefully someone will just slot him, but it seems people only adopt the high moral position with countries that have huge amounts of oil nowadays and gold, tobacco and copper don't seem to take such a high priority.

Thing is, despite what happened in Rwanda, the post-colonial guilt of the Guardianistas means all that'll happen is a whole lot of vomit-inducing hand wringing. Can't personally seeing the AU doing much though, especially with cretins like Thabo Mbeki next door:

Mugabe's Fellater-in-Chief said:
"I would hope that leadership would still be open to a process which would result in them coming to some agreement about what happens to their country," Mbeki said in the northern Mpumalanga province. "And that most certainly is something which we would try to encourage," he added.
Like that's going to happen. This, surprise, surprise, from the same chap who a couple of years back said the US was wrong to describe Zimbabwe as an "outpost of tyranny". The only question is not if, but when, it will turn into yet another Rwanda.

'Mr Mugabe told supporters at a campaign rally in the southern city of Bulawayo on Friday that he would "never allow an event like an election to reverse our independence, our sovereignty."

"Only God who appointed me will remove me - not the MDC, not the British," he said.'

Well, since the opposition have ostensibly quit and the former colonial power has no stomach for supporting democracy, I'm sure there are enough ore deposits in the palace to attract a lightning bolt.

Fire at will.

It's been a joke since UDI, ironically Jack, I wasn't laughing at your post. Nor do I find the situation in Zimbabwe a joke, it's ironic laughter, in this tragic comedy of errors.

However , remove yourself from the protection of the Crown, because you don't like the fact we disapprove of how you treat the indigenous population. Things go to rats, scream for the Crown to come and bail you out.

Install tame darkie, who damn me, ain't so tame at all. Things go even further to ratshit.

Scream at the Crown to do something for 'White Farmers and British passport holders' ,ignoring the fact they turned their backs on the mother country in the first place whilst steadfastly ignoring the fact the indigenous population , many of whom hate Mugabe more than you do, are dying in droves.

Continue to ignore the fact you were happy to stay on after UDI, and indigenous independence and continue making money, in spite of the writing being on the wall then.

Scream for Crown to come and help you again, citing 'kinship', instead of just leaving the abhorrent sh*thole.

Talk about the "Good old days" of White men in charge , and how it was all so much better. Indeed, which is why there was a bloody great bush war , because the locals finally got so pissed off with no self-determination or meaningful representation in their own country, they and their Sov/Cuban backers did something about it

Fast forward...

A new set of elections take place, ruling party loses, nothing changes , population by now starved to submission, can't hope to stage any sort of revolt. They tried democracy, their last hope and fail.What did we do about that? What did anyone do about that?

Watch with mounting anger , as a shipload of weapons, big enough to take on a minor nation gets delivered, in spite of the considerable best efforts of fellow arrsers and travelling companions,

Scream with frustration as every civilised Government in the world, affects to look at the sky and whistle, while said weapons are shipped to Zimbabwe.

Make loud noises in parliament, about that disgraceful Mugabe, and do fcuk all, even when his police threaten British diplomats.

There was a time when that would have earnt a Vulcan strike, no dramas.

Continue to look at the sky and whistle , while said basta*d turns up in Europe at a whim, and his b*stard wife spends enough on handbags to feed a township for a month, calls you all colonial racists, and STILL do nothing, even though his Police, now tooled up properly , are killing people wholesale , and the only political opponent of any worth, is getting a regular kicking on a Friday afternoon in Harare.

Do NOTHING to help said filled-in political.

Bleat about Zimbabwe to the Sunday papers and how dreadful it all is, fill the air with soundbites and do fcuk All.

No sanctions , no travel embargo , no asset seizure, nothing.

"Oh we can't do that, we'd hurt the IP" . Newsflash, the IP can't suffer anymore than they already are.

FFS we are still hunting Bosnian War Criminals, Do you think Ratko and Co, could rock up in Rome unmolested? We've banged up Rwandan war criminals for less.

So you tell me, with this murdering b*stard running amok , and we still do nothing what is there about Zimbabwe, we are just NOT being told?

So yes, hahahaa heeeheeee hoohooo because it's a joke. A very sick, very poor joke, that it seems only the murderous Mugabe and various Commonwealth leaders are privy to.

.......and people on this forum disparage the French? I don't seem to remember them ever pissing about when one of their former African possessions needs a spot of sorting , diplomatically or militairily.