Mugabe - Another 5 Years...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PandaLOVE, Jun 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was recently announced that this shameless man has won his presidential election with an 88.5% landslide victory across the entire 10 provinces of Zimby. He was sworn in as president earlier today. Worse still, Brown pledges money to the country if they stabilise their democracy. I fail to see how that could be possible at all and am angered at the whole circus. I feel less of a British citizen than I ever have with this joke leading our country while offering our cash to an utter joke leading a corrupt country far, far away. Miserable state of affairs, really it is. :x

2. Bizarre how we insist that Saddam the evil dictator is removed and hung yet our pal from Sheffield is allowed a further term.

The UN must think we are utter toilets.

3. Let's invade mugabegrad ;)

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I take some small comfort from the fact that Bob Mugggaabbbeee is sufficiently old to have a fair chance of falling off his perch before too long. Although, a certain famous African terrorist seems to be clunking along at 90, so perhaps not :roll:

But of course, it is not for us to depose the "Black Saddam" ... IIRC that was the 'shaved chimp' who decided the World should be saved from Saddam-ism [and Tony agreed, because he's a really good bloke].

British intervention in Zim is "re-colonialism" by another name, whereas US 'intervention' in Iraq [otherwise known as 'invading another country to topple its leader because we think he's a sh1t'] is a good thing. 8O

I doubt I'd ever have got a job in the Foreign Office, except perhaps as a cleaner :)

5. I wonder what would happen if Zimby were not part of the Commonwealth, I expect it offers the country some extraordinary stability. Since he's been stripped of his Knighthood in wonder if Zimby should now lose its Commonwealth membership.

The world's a funny place so you never know, in years to come all us whities might be singing him happy birthday from Hyde Park.

6. Zim inflation under the Mugoobashulzstaffel - Da cost of living has gone down whilst compared to the cost of dying which has gone up.

Our foreign correspondent Idi Amin, VC. 'King of Scotland'., explains...

7. Well done Bob.

8. Why? Are you an illegal immigrant?

But seriously folks, does anybody think Comrade Mugabe will make it to the end of the year, never mind the end of a five year term.

As some have said, he's 80 in a country where the average male life expectancy is 39. If old age doesn't get him first, I reckon his own armed forces will.

Bob is so short of foreign currency that he has the police out on the streets doing stop and search on well off looking people and confiscating any foreign currency that they have. It's forcibly exchanged for a wheelbarrow load of worthless Zimbo Dollars so it's all fair and square.

A government that's that desperate for cash hasn't got long to go. They can't keep paying their muscle from the proceeds of pickpocketing.

When Bob stops paying the police and the army, I think he'll get a slightly different response than the one he got when he stopped paying school teachers.

9. blue-sophist

I once won an election as the only candidate ... I regretted it later :wink:

10. blue-sophist

I thought he already had problems paying the Police and Army.
    Mind you, the option would presumably be worse if they resigned, in that they'd be still be totally skint but also prime targets for 'political campaigning' :roll:

11. Why not just let the Royal family book his limo?

No birthday honours for me then

12. 1. Zimby - never heard of it
    2. I was amazed too
    3. Ref point 1
    4. Common wealth? What common wealth?
    5. I rest my case.

And seriously, A_M, I do think 'Comrade Mugabe will make it to the end of the year, never mind the end of a five year term' as I have it from a reliable source that he has sequestrated the very last family pack of Duracell batts in Zim.