Muay Thai KickBoxing

#1
Does anyone know if the army offer Muay Thai as a sport, I know they do Ju-Jitsu, but I am yet to see any Muay Thai mentioned.

Any information would be great.
 
#2
I don't think the Army like it very much, being a full contact discipline it's too much of a risk for them to let blokes get broken.
 
#4
TrooperG said:
I don't think the Army like it very much, being a full contact discipline it's too much of a risk for them to let blokes get broken.
Ah thats a bit rubbish. Looks like I'll have to do the downhill MTB instead!
 
#5
CommSysKid said:
Any information would be great.

Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university located in College Station, Texas. It is the flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System. The seventh-largest university in the United States, A&M enrolls over 48,000 students in ten academic colleges. Texas A&M's designation as a land, sea, and space grant institution reflects a broad range of research with ongoing projects funded by agencies such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research. The school ranks in the top 20 American research institutes in terms of funding and has made notable contributions to fields including animal cloning. The first public institution of higher education in the state, the school opened on October 4, 1876, as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The school's students, alumni and sports teams are known as "Aggies". The main campus is one of the largest in America, spanning 5,200 acres (21 km2). It includes the George Bush Presidential Library.



I got that from wikipedia, they've got shitloads of the stuff.

Hope this was of some assistance to you.
 
#6
shortfuse said:
CommSysKid said:
Any information would be great.

Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university located in College Station, Texas. It is the flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System. The seventh-largest university in the United States, A&M enrolls over 48,000 students in ten academic colleges. Texas A&M's designation as a land, sea, and space grant institution reflects a broad range of research with ongoing projects funded by agencies such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research. The school ranks in the top 20 American research institutes in terms of funding and has made notable contributions to fields including animal cloning. The first public institution of higher education in the state, the school opened on October 4, 1876, as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The school's students, alumni and sports teams are known as "Aggies". The main campus is one of the largest in America, spanning 5,200 acres (21 km2). It includes the George Bush Presidential Library.



I got that from wikipedia, they've got shitloads of the stuff.

Hope this was of some assistance to you.
Sorry, Comedian!
 
#7
CommSysKid said:
Does anyone know if the army offer Muay Thai as a sport, I know they do Ju-Jitsu, but I am yet to see any Muay Thai mentioned.

Any information would be great.
Army Martial Arts Association (AMAA) has a facebook page if you just search for it in the groups page.

Also has a webpage on ArmyNet, and a forum

The Association currently caters for the following Disciplines

Karate
Kendo
Taekwondo ITF
Taekwondo WTF
Weapons (if you do any Kata that involves any type of weapon)

Ju-Jitsu is not covered as an event, but other Martial Artist's can compete in the above competitions.
 
#8
DesktopCommando said:
CommSysKid said:
Does anyone know if the army offer Muay Thai as a sport, I know they do Ju-Jitsu, but I am yet to see any Muay Thai mentioned.

Any information would be great.
Army Martial Arts Association (AMAA) has a facebook page if you just search for it in the groups page.

Also has a webpage on ArmyNet, and a forum

The Association currently caters for the following Disciplines

Karate
Kendo
Taekwondo ITF
Taekwondo WTF
Weapons (if you do any Kata that involves any type of weapon)

Ju-Jitsu is not covered as an event, but other Martial Artist's can compete in the above competitions.
Cool thanks for that buddy!
 
#9
I dont think they do muay thai mate, iv searched for it before as i fight pro at the moment but cant see any sign of it. Also if the army were to let you do it i'd presume that it would have to be amatuer and in the UK amatuer muay thai is pretty poor, not may fighters or events, amatuer governing bodies are pretty bad and inconsistent with their officiating adn rules. Every fighter from my gym is pro because the amatuers isnt worth bothering with unfortunately.
 
#11
Yes i've heard of the navy team on a popular thai-boxing forum. Think the raf have lads competing in the amatuers also.
 
#12
wannabe-rifleman said:
I dont think they do muay thai mate, iv searched for it before as i fight pro at the moment but cant see any sign of it. Also if the army were to let you do it i'd presume that it would have to be amatuer and in the UK amatuer muay thai is pretty poor, not may fighters or events, amatuer governing bodies are pretty bad and inconsistent with their officiating adn rules. Every fighter from my gym is pro because the amatuers isnt worth bothering with unfortunately.

Amatuer or not mate, I would be up for it, just keeping involved because I dont know how easy it is to get into it once im started in P1 and P2
 
#13
Have you fought before amatuer or pro?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top