MTP when will it be issued

#1
right im deploying in September and as of yet don't have any afghan equipment at all and our QM's don't have any. im also hearing rumours that MTP wont be issued to all infantry battalions which brings up some concerns. i have heard paras and scots have it already but not all 16 AA have it yet. anyone know what the crack is.
 
#7
geom said:
right im deploying in September and as of yet don't have any afghan equipment at all and our QM's don't have any. im also hearing rumours that MTP wont be issued to all infantry battalions which brings up some concerns. i have heard paras and scots have it already but not all 16 AA have it yet. anyone know what the crack is.
So suddenly the kit that everyone has been using is completely useless because there is now new limited issue kit :wink:

Give it a few years and all the old sweats will be in dessert combats :D
 
#8
well if im definitely getting MTP then i can look at multi-cam kit such as pouches daysack's and possibly even clothing. looking at using the american under body armour stuff if its really so similar to MTP. i think their stuff is better. The dryfire material is more comfortable.
 
#10
geom said:
well if im definitely getting MTP then i can look at multi-cam kit such as pouches daysack's and possibly even clothing. looking at using the american under body armour stuff if its really so similar to MTP. i think their stuff is better. The dryfire material is more comfortable.
mate, im totally with you there. what kinda rifle are you thinkin of gettin? im torn between the L115A3 and maybe some kind of AK if i can pick 1 up out there. let me know bud.
 
#11
Wow I didn't know you could take your own kit!! Can I take my granddads tin helmet instead of my mk6a? It's got an ace of spades and a packet of lucky strike stuck on the side as well>
 
#12
Zapped said:
Wow I didn't know you could take your own kit!! Can I take my granddads tin helmet instead of my mk6a? It's got an ace of spades and a packet of lucky strike stuck on the side as well>
Mine says 8 Ball on it, and I took a ****-off massive machete with me on my last tour too. Looks the nuts.
 
#15
5 Scots will receive MTP when their Jocks stop injecting heroin whilst on leave.

Therefore you should receive your first shipment of MTP in or around July 2078.
 
#16
geom said:
well if im definitely getting MTP then i can look at multi-cam kit such as pouches daysack's and possibly even clothing. looking at using the american under body armour stuff if its really so similar to MTP. i think their stuff is better. The dryfire material is more comfortable.
I think your on the wrong forum, airsoft is currently located under "walting it up"!
 
#17
why are you concerned at not getting MTP, 1000's of lads and lasses have gone before you with desert cam and come back.
dont think because your wearing mtp itll make a difference to your drills and skills, if they are shite it wont matter what your wearing
 
#18
yorkie79 said:
why are you concerned at not getting MTP, 1000's of lads and lasses have gone before you with desert cam and come back.
dont think because your wearing mtp itll make a difference to your drills and skills, if they are shite it wont matter what your wearing
Im not saying your wrong your clearly not. But did you bother to read his posts? f you did then the reason he wants to know is clear.
 
#19
geom said:
right im deploying in September and as of yet don't have any afghan equipment at all and our QM's don't have any. im also hearing rumours that MTP wont be issued to all infantry battalions which brings up some concerns. i have heard paras and scots have it already but not all 16 AA have it yet. anyone know what the crack is.
If you are part of a formed unit deploying in Sep then your unit will receive the deployment packs of personal kit around Jun/Jul time.

The rumours about MTP not being issued to all inf bns are just that - rumours. The only people to have it at the moment are those deployed in Afghanistan at the moment.

Oh - and before you rush off and spend your very hard earned beer tokens on lots of gucci kit in Multicam, wait until you see what is actually in the black bag kit. It has changed a lot and will be changed even more by the time it is issued to you, particulalry from HERRICK 8. So if you are getting people telling you that "this and that are sh*t" from their last tour, wait until you've seen the new stuff because it will probably have been changed. The guys in the Defence Clothing Team do actually listen to feedback received.

Hope that helps
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top