MTP uniforms cheap or free??

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Joxby3, Jul 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where can I get ahold of some surplus MTP kit uniforms and kit?

2. I think I might have left a set of kit round your Mum's, try there.

• Like Like x 5
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

In the army?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mainly, you can't. Stuff goes diffy occasionally though, and you might find an item in a surplus store, once in a blue moon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lert. I'm only asking because I keep leaving all of my uniform at your mums.

Stand by to stand by.

6. And no I'm an SI in the ACF...here come the jokes and piss takings? Any jokes and piss takings would probably be warranted if I had said I was in the army but I haven't. I'm no Walt lol.

Stand by to stand by.

7. So if you're missing your necker and woggle why do you need some PCS?

8. There is a rake of stuff on fleabay and amazon, genuine issue and reasonable copies, not to mention cadet direct who are now selling grade 1 used PCS. Try googling.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Because we wear PCS. I thought that would have been obvious? Why would I ask for PCS if I didn't wear it? If I needed woggles and neckers I would have asked you directly.

Stand by to stand by.

10. Ebays good and ill try amazon and cdt direct. I'm looking for on the cheap. I'm skint and we only get two sets of uniform issued. Which is shit tbh.

Stand by to stand by.

11. Some things are best left unsaid or unknown

And there we go

• Like Like x 1
  12. Try dropzone....but surely if your a SI in cadets you dont need more than 2 uniforms? Not like you cant wash uniforms between the 2 days your in.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The issued stuff is the same as regular army/TA are issued, to be fair, there is now more stuff issued to CFAV's than before including t-shirts, socks and fleeces, however, I'm not a great fan of the smocks, they are too bulky, slow drying, (especially the lower fleece lined pockets) and not waterproof for outdoors so it may be worth investing in something more practical for fieldcraft etc funds permitting.

14. Why do you need any more than two sets? Not having a go or anything, but its not like you're wearing it every day.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

15. This is a ACF instructor we're talking about here. He/she would wear full rig to get the milk in from the front door. After checking of course that the neighbours or random passers-by were available so as to admire their 'military bearing'.

• Like Like x 8