MTP surplus

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by brandywine, Aug 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm whether this is genuine issued MTP kit, came across it across a trade site (UK based) being a bit of a budding ebayer as well as a STAB, perhaps some unauthorized 3rd party?

Attached Files:

2. 3 of those don't even look like MTP to me.

3. It all looks like multi cam not MTP.

4. Yeh they all look like multicam. The designs of the trousers, shirt and ubacs look different to our kit aswell

5. If you want to buy it get it from Cyre Precision. Lots of bods wearing their kit as does a good job with built in knee pads, better fit, better wicking material (UBACS).

6. Have you seen the ******* price of it though?

7. First and second look like Crye Field Pants and shirt in Multicam. Last looks like a Crye combat shirt, the daddy of UBACS. Smock may be Canadian. All Multicam. All better quality than our issue MTP. The trousers will need a shaped knee pad available from Crye. NOT the one that projects through the knee. Look for Field not Combat.
    The Combat shirt will need Combat shirt elbow pads.
    Worth every penny if you can get em in your size.

8. Question is would we be allowed to use it in place of our issued MTP in theatre

9. I'm sure the official line is "oooh noooo!"
    most people will be hard pressed to tell the difference.
    Combat shirt body is a different colour with better taller collar and through elbow pads. Field shirt and trousers just much better made.

10. No, the only people who wear Crye gear are 'them'. Unless you want to look like a walt...

The clothing change over from DPM to MTP is only 50% complete with only those deployed forward of MOBs wearing it. Bastion and KAF are mainly still in deserts.

R*

11. Only £115. Positive bargain compared to Arc'Teryx LEAF. Would sir like some trousers for £660.00

Sphinx Pant Patterned - New / Men's / Arc'teryx LEAF

I think I'll see if Gieves & Hawkes do anything in MTP. It will probably be cheaper.

12. I suspect as Boris says you would have to have a rather sharp eye to tell the difference. It seems to me that the difference is the same between UK DPM and Dutch DPM - a cock hair in it. But as I've only seen multicam yet I will bow to superior knowledge.

13. That's the older pattern shirt. The body is a better "Khaki" colour. For some bizarre reason the Gen 2 version has a grey body. Bloody good value for money.
    Gotta be honest our MTP is pretty well put together.
    Just that Crye is nice.
    The Arctyrxzmnum is stupidly over priced.

14. The Official line is that there should be no cross of Multicam and MTP, also MTP kit should be not sold when its finished with, it should all be destroyed, this is from the Civi who rights off all orders for kit for MTP. However the whole of the 2nd Battalion the Royal Anglians should by now have Rank Slides made from Multicam (I facilitated the order if anyone is wondering how I know this) and I have sold a fair amount of Multicam kit to serving forces. I do not know how they are going to regulate this and when I asked I was told that the RSM's should be dealing with this, and just by chance WO1 Multicam Rank slides are my 3rd biggest seller of Rank slides in Multicam so they may find that the razzers are not going to enforce this too much. I think that there may be a lot of policy changes in the future.

15. On a similar note, last night I found someone on ebay selling current issue MTP jacket and trousers (still in the bags) along with a brand new Mk 7 helmet.