MTP Reversal

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by loski, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard that the Forces are binning the PCS cut MTP uniforms and returning to the previous CS95 cut uniforms
    is this true.
  2. No. But they are changing PCS a little bit- gearspotter will have full details.
  3. will they be losing the sleeve pockets so that the sleeves can be rolled up
  4. I heard we were going back to light weights and DMS
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Probably... just so some buffoon can write 'shirt tucked in, sleeves rolled up in summer' in the dress regs.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. And you can put on a day sack without looking like a twat. Anything that looks a little less trampish would be welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. If you want to look less like a tramp, wear barrack dress. It's the same old arguament...
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Get rid of the arm pockets ! where am I gonna put my fags ? Also arm pocket are a really good idea when your wearing body armour.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. We get a really good comfortable uniform and all the bullshit brigade can do is moan about it being scruffy. Well brilliant, back to re-tucking in my shirt every 5 minutes. It was too good to last.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. It's a ******* stupid idea. And if you look like a tramp wearing PCS then that's probably because you are a tramp, and you'd look like a tramp in a Saville Row suit.

Rolling up sleeves and tucking in will look more shit than down and out.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. That's the problem. Chimps are railing at teh current dress, but what about the lads on the ground?

When wearing webbing you can get in to the chest pockets with ease, and you can stick some stuff int he arm pockets (useful if in a constrained space such as a drivers pit or at a gun), and the lads n the ground can stick padding in to the forearms.

The clue in the name... Combats. Barrack dress.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I was in Kabul routinely doing a desk job but frequently went out of the wire. Wearing UBACS wasn't appropriate due to where I worked and the fact that it was bloody cold. The PCS lwt jkt was exactly what was needed; it looked smart enough to attend meetings with senior coalition and ANSF personnel but was well suited to wear body armour over it. The sleeve pockets are very well thought out; even the angle they are at works well - if you look at the US equivalent and the old UBACS for example the sleeve pockets are vertical meaning you need to be double jointed to get anything out of them. I understand the reasoning for the large velcro panels but feel we could have just used the introduction of a new uniform to try and get away from looking like overgrown boy scouts and done away with the need for anything but the Union Flag.

Most people who complain about it probably only wear it in barracks and honestly believe that if you deploy you can wear UBACS all year round as you'll have body armour on. As a combat uniform it works well and the numpties who want to turn it into a smart in-barracks uniform seriously miss the point!
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Surely when he said sleeve pockets he meant the useless things on the forearms for elbow pads? I got mine in time of the Olympics, and when we were told sleeves up was acceptable (still tucked out), that was more the problem than the arm pockets.

Overall I like the new kit. If you want to look smart, wear BD. But, I concede that the arm pockets are a pain when sitting in a crowded lecture hall or when taking daysacks off!

Has anybody been given the new boots yet? Brown leather?
  15. zips be better than velco, on the forearms... not heard anything about cs95 and im in QM's
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.