• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MTP / Multicam molle webbing

I was thinking of getting myself a new decent set of webbing. I already have the molle pouches from last year's tour and was thinking of buying this:Multicam Airborne Webbing.

Has anybody else bought anything similar and what are your experiences / thoughts?

R*

Poor quality ,any one who uses folded cordura for PALS loops ,I would steer clear of ,not as strong as webbing .

Also you realise you dont get a bet with this ,the rigger belt is a £27 extra !!!!!

Yea, agree with thecoops,

Its well built and the versatility was the selling point for me... Whip a pouch off and attach a serpa holster etc in seconds.

Its comfortable under the new Osprey as well.

I have a couple of pouches from OnPatrol and am impressed with the quality. I also went with TacticalTailor as again it's proven ground.

Its not a mong question darling, yes you can use a yoke some belts come with attachments some you have to buy attachments but ether way it is no trouble.

there are 2 types of molle belts one is your hippo pad type kit Monster like that and the other other i like to call "blast belt" type after cyre's very expensive molle belt BLAST Belt but it dose contain soft armour. "not all blast belt type of belts contain soft armour "

Have seen them used in theatre but have always imagined it would be a bit of a nightmare to get stuff out of the pouches at the back whilst wearing osprey. Ideal for UK use though and can take off the pouches to put on osprey in theatre. Although I think they have upgraded the pouches they now issue recently (H13) so if your deploying soon you might wanna wait and save your money

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Guys, advice on buying anything belt kit wise is make sure you go to well known suppliers. Names such as Dixies, Jay Jays, Troopers, Dragon, etc.

Anything else and you're probably just wasting your money.

I don't know if the experience has changed much since H11 but people came out with all the best webbing money could buy, put up with it for about a week then went back to pouches on the Osprey itself. So I'd say wait until you get on tour. Chances are you'll be able to buy one second hand from someone that's outgoing anyway.

Also, Boris, do people still ask for water bottle pouches like that? I know we spent a fair bit of our time waist deep in shite filled streams and ditches and I sure as hell wouldn't be putting that bottle to my lips afterwards. :)
I'm seeing more and more examples where it's just utility pouches now which will fit an issue water bottle anyway.

Again, most lads actually carried either their Camelbaks or the Bastion water bottle anyway. Wasn't as painful to sit on / roll on top of compared to an issue water bottle, plus a lot easier to keep clean. You could see if the water was contaminated instead of having to peer into that gloomy murk!

P.S - Buying from Cadet Direct?? Surely the name's a bit of a giveaway as to the potential quality of items sold through their site? :p

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Derp. Well reminded that man. I should probably have mentioned that!

1157 Tactical gave us a very good offering. Robust and stout with the ITW Nexus line of buckles which as I've said in another post is the best brand on the market. Comes without yoke but can be used as a belt kit. Just got to watch the weight you stuff in there if you're using it in that roll.,

Guys, advice on buying anything belt kit wise is make sure you go to well known suppliers. Names such as Dixies, Jay Jays, Troopers, Dragon, etc.

Anything else and you're probably just wasting your money.

I don't know if the experience has changed much since H11 but people came out with all the best webbing money could buy, put up with it for about a week then went back to pouches on the Osprey itself. So I'd say wait until you get on tour. Chances are you'll be able to buy one second hand from someone that's outgoing anyway.

Also, Boris, do people still ask for water bottle pouches like that? I know we spent a fair bit of our time waist deep in shite filled streams and ditches and I sure as hell wouldn't be putting that bottle to my lips afterwards. :)
I'm seeing more and more examples where it's just utility pouches now which will fit an issue water bottle anyway.

Again, most lads actually carried either their Camelbaks or the Bastion water bottle anyway. Wasn't as painful to sit on / roll on top of compared to an issue water bottle, plus a lot easier to keep clean. You could see if the water was contaminated instead of having to peer into that gloomy murk!

P.S - Buying from Cadet Direct?? Surely the name's a bit of a giveaway as to the potential quality of items sold through their site? :p
Totally agree on the waterbottle pouch. The customer insisted.
Here's the utility/water I normally do:

Coyote Brown

Multicam

Wider utility

And again.
As for Cadet Direct you can find the odd Gem. Black roll pin buckles for instance.

Latest Threads