MTP Kit 'We are up in arms about the shabiness!'

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SpannerSpanker, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldiers up in arms over their 'shabby' uniform in mutiny over shirt they mustn't tuck in | Mail Online

Check this bad boy out! I thought MTP wasnt too bad, easy to iron, and we were getting with the times, every other man and his dogs armed forces seem to go like the casual shirt out look and it doesnt look to bad, but maybe i am wrong! Seems like we are up in arms about how shabby we look! i thought every fucker was trying to look 'ally' as fuck now days! so wouldnt give a rats hoop about it!!

2. erm don't get this, it's going to cost thousands of pounds for them to tuck the shirt in? or is it a radical redesign as in make it a bit shorter so there's not so much to tuck in?

3. Or could it just be shite reporting by the Mail.
    A story about MTP PCS and they show a photograph of a section in Desert DPM!

4. Just because every other man and his dogs army look a bag of shit, doesn't mean the British Army has to? What is it with people saying they do it, so we should?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not over-fussed about the jacket hanging out. I do, however, suffer from Vitamin D deficiency syndrome, and rely on the summer months to top up after a hard winter - not being able to roll my sleeves up is going to cause me some significant problems.

All is not lost however - my med centre is staffing up a proposal to provide a jacket with gossamer-type sleeves, sleeves that can remain rolled down but still allow the sun's rays to work their magic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

That argument appeared to have been lost around 1985 or so...

7. Even in mildly warm weather the new pcu is hotter than the mtp issued for Op Herrick 14. Not bothered about being untucked more that the material is to hot. Who ever was on the trials needs to be shot.
    Double thickness arms. Its not even they can say its for padding because if you need padding you would have a body armour on and thus be in a UBAC. Rant over

8. Exactly, with this proactive and forwarding thinking we must return to the smartness of the 18th Century Red Tunic. It really epitomises our professionalism.

Or, we could stop bleating about a frankly much needed change in uniform to reflect current operations and be thankful that for once the MOD has actually got things right. This is a FIELD UNIFORM, along with the reintroduced Barrack Dress which you will see almost everyone in on Fridays. Bore off and go play with your '70s Action Man mit SLR.

• Like Like x 4
  9. What about M - T. Or is Friday, much like the Catholic tradition of eating fish, considered the only appropriate time to don one's best polyester?

10. Well, someone got out of bed on the wrong side. I think you misunderstood me you cretin. I was commenting on the fact that people keep saying, well they do it, we should do it. Just because someone else does something, doesn't make it right.

On the uniform side, someone stated that other nations don't look too bad. Granted, some look ok, but in general they do not. Yes, you are right, it is a field uniform, and as far as I am aware it is also worn when in barracks as they got rid of lightweights some time ago. It doesn't take a lot to be smart does it, even in the field? Is the uniform that great and as needed? I don't think so.

Oh, and get off your fucking high horse you stupid little boy. There is no need to be a complete fuckwit because someone has an opinion that differs to yours.

11. From a Navy point of view its a sad shame we seem to be following the marines lead on this new uniform. Tucked in sleeves up, whenever I see an army unit wearing it as designed it looks far smarter. Hopefully somebody sees sense and we are doing the same by the time our new all blue version of PCS comes out. Wont hold my breath though.

12. I say we should go back to the red coat and shakos for field use... Not only does it look absolutely spiffing but we could have a go at a bit more Empire building and sort out all our current financial problems in no time!

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

New recruit, 1936:

[​IMG]

With respect, the Army's smartness went down hill with that baggy battledress in 1939.

What you chaps need over this new kit are pipe-clayed crossbelts.

14. Do you honestly think sleeves will be up? Can't have duty watch / ssep not dressed ready to fight fires. As for in- out will be classed as a snagging hazzard on ships!

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

15. You will only have a UBAC on in hot climates. The jacket as is allows you to put body armour on top when on the ranges in say mid November in the uk and who's to say all or future ops are going to be in hot places.