MTP Issue Molle Belt

until last week we were told that belts are the devils tools and will get us all killed in an instant. now we are getting issued them for H16....
however I refuse to believe anything till long after it's happened, even them I'm suspicous.

I've heard on the grapevine that there will be an announcement on the April 1st (stop fnarring, this is serious business) regarding what new kit we'll be getting issued over the coming year, including boots, webbing, glasses, daysacks, the whole shebang, and also that it isn't a good idea to buy anything for yourself as nearly all privately bought kit will be outlawed in the near future.

Im getting my black bag stuff on Mon, ill let you know if there is one in it.

Someone said on here that as of H16 there will be no molle loops on the front of the osprey. If they aren't issuing a belt yet then that may well be untrue, hopefully it is.

also that it isn't a good idea to buy anything for yourself as nearly all privately bought kit will be outlawed in the near future.

This does not surprise me as in the past privately bought stuff used to be in the same pattern as issue kit, you can't buy MTP in the shops so why would the MOD let us wear mixed dress.

Am still shocked that multicam and other non issue patterns have not been banned yet especially as they are getting funny about things like helmet covers and any thing else we try and do different.

Yes and if you give them a bell, they will tell you that only the MOD can buy items in MTP. (By MOD I don't mean serving soldiers I mean the organisation it self)
Yeah I wasn't suggesting it was for individuals to buy but could possibly be issued kit in the future, but who knows!

Jungle 45 does look decent, just a bigger Munro with Molle loops, which is ideal.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This does not surprise me as in the past privately bought stuff used to be in the same pattern as issue kit, you can't buy MTP in the shops so why would the MOD let us wear mixed dress.

Am still shocked that multicam and other non issue patterns have not been banned yet especially as they are getting funny about things like helmet covers and any thing else we try and do different.
I imagine it's because we are still in mixed dress (DPM and MTP) and because there is almost no difference between multicam and MTP.

I suspect it also has something to do with lots of the issue kit, new stuff included, being terrible. Imagine if the headshed issued an edict saying "issue warm kit only". There'd be a mutiny. If we accept that people have different preferences for warm gear and that sometimes the issue stuff has been found wanting, then it's a bit of a leap to say that the rest of the kit will suit everyone.

Why do we need to have issued kit only? Is uniformity in the field really that much more important than being as combat effective as possible?

Z

Zarathustra

I imagine it's because we are still in mixed dress (DPM and MTP) and because there is almost no difference between multicam and MTP.

I suspect it also has something to do with lots of the issue kit, new stuff included, being terrible. Imagine if the headshed issued an edict saying "issue warm kit only". There'd be a mutiny. If we accept that people have different preferences for warm gear and that sometimes the issue stuff has been found wanting, then it's a bit of a leap to say that the rest of the kit will suit everyone.

Why do we need to have issued kit only? Is uniformity in the field really that much more important than being as combat effective as possible?
Yes, MOD research has proven that any attempt to use either privately purchased kit or to adapt the issue kit so that it is fit for use will result in death the minute you deploy.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes, MOD research has proven that any attempt to use either privately purchased kit or to adapt the issue kit so that it is fit for use will result in death the minute you deploy.
Indeed. Apparently having a non-issue utility pouch invalidates your life insurance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Weapons, Equipment & Rations 24
polar69 Military Clothing & Boots 11
R Classified Ads 5