MTP gortex jacket diffy price?

My issue MTP gortex has been stolen/lost. I need to replace it as I've got a exercise coming up and I've a feeling its going to piss it down. Does anybody know the price of these from the army or will it be cheaper getting one of eBay? They seem to go for about £45 on there. I'm in training so Gucci kit is not allowed and have been trying for past month for a opportunity to steal one back but the chance hasn't arisen. Any ideas?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Steal one back- ffs, i suggest you take a look at your values and standards! If you think stealing kit is Ok in the army i suggest you find another job!

So, because you're admin is up your hoop, and you either lost or left insecure your jacket, you want to thieve someone else's? Good bloke.

Dick.

ugly

LE
Man up and go diffy, its not as if you need the money is it? Any idea where it was stolen from, have you repoorted it properly?

ugly

LE
Then if it is a issue of lost kit then a locker check should reveal the lad with 2 coats!

Lesson 1, mark all your kit in permie pen. Dont just mark it in one place, plaster it everywhere.

If you have marked it then go round and find it, if you find it then break the ****** fingers that pinched it.

ugly

LE
Basicaslly provided the rules havent changed you used to be billed a proportion of the cost of the kit. Starred items such as goretex when it was first issued would get you charged for losing it unless you could prove it was stolen.
Big ticket items like night sights would be a proportion but I went diffy one of the first goretex coats and it cost me £30 at the QM despite it being starred and the naafi price being £120!

Tell the permanent staff, and a locker search should be completed to find the one with your regimental number and name in it. If the section commanders are not interested, go to the Plt/Tp Sgt.

Generally thieves are distasted and are often found in the med centre after their fingers have been trapped in a closing door by accident.

If it doesn’t turn up get billed for a new one and claim on your kit insurance, it will only cost you your excess.

Didn't Mummy put your name inside it with permanent marker pen?

The words 'kit' and 'insurance' spring to mind.

Is it the new lightweight PCS gortext (With fleece neck and no hood/pockets) or the old Gortex in the MTP colour (The one with pockets and hood). If it's the later you should be getting a new one grat issue one soon, if it's the former then surely it's a case for theft investigation?

Generally thieves are distasted and are often found in the med centre after their fingers have been trapped in a closing door by accident.
I've never known a bloke have his fingers broken for stealing. Even if true, the story applies to personal kit. Issue kit is fair game if you're stupid enough to leave it unsecured. Nick somebody else's. It's the way of the world.

Tell the permanent staff, and a locker search should be completed to find the one with your regimental number and name in it. If the section commanders are not interested, go to the Plt/Tp Sgt.

If it doesn’t turn up get billed for a new one and claim on your kit insurance, it will only cost you your excess.
Bingo! Forgot i had kit insurance, Thanks.

Is it the new lightweight PCS gortext (With fleece neck and no hood/pockets) or the old Gortex in the MTP colour (The one with pockets and hood). If it's the later you should be getting a new one grat issue one soon, if it's the former then surely it's a case for theft investigation?
That PCS sounds like the new warm kit that replaced the green fleece. It was the latter btw that was knicked, rumor has it my platoon is getting the new altbergs in 4 weeks so it would make sense for us to get that at the same time.

...That PCS sounds like the new warm kit that replaced the green fleece...
It's lightweight gortex, ripstop, has a small strip of fleece around the neck (sure it'll be great when it gets wet in the rain!), no hood, the pockets are on the sleeves (a la pcs but no velcro patches thank god) and there is a slit behind the epaulette to get to your map pockets on your shirt/jacket or smock.

You'll not need it - you already sound like a wet ****.

Knack someone the same size as you and use theirs, go deffy at the stores or jump about and avoid the rain drops.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Military Clothing & Boots 12
broken_man Military Clothing & Boots 31
working_with_choppers The Training Wing 0