MTP gortex jacket diffy price?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by MR2D2, Apr 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My issue MTP gortex has been stolen/lost. I need to replace it as I've got a exercise coming up and I've a feeling its going to piss it down. Does anybody know the price of these from the army or will it be cheaper getting one of eBay? They seem to go for about £45 on there. I'm in training so Gucci kit is not allowed and have been trying for past month for a opportunity to steal one back but the chance hasn't arisen. Any ideas?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. Steal one back- ffs, i suggest you take a look at your values and standards! If you think stealing kit is Ok in the army i suggest you find another job!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I guess my full screws need a new job then as they advised me to 'acquire' one back.....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. So, because you're admin is up your hoop, and you either lost or left insecure your jacket, you want to thieve someone else's? Good bloke.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 7
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Man up and go diffy, its not as if you need the money is it? Any idea where it was stolen from, have you repoorted it properly?
  6. 40+ lads kit in a big pile during a 'corridor session'. Somebody thieved it in the aftermath.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Then if it is a issue of lost kit then a locker check should reveal the lad with 2 coats!
  8. It'll work out cheaper to go diffy via the QM's than buy one from E Bay etc.
  9. Cheers that was the reply I was after!
  10. Lesson 1, mark all your kit in permie pen. Dont just mark it in one place, plaster it everywhere.

If you have marked it then go round and find it, if you find it then break the ****** fingers that pinched it.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Basicaslly provided the rules havent changed you used to be billed a proportion of the cost of the kit. Starred items such as goretex when it was first issued would get you charged for losing it unless you could prove it was stolen.
    Big ticket items like night sights would be a proportion but I went diffy one of the first goretex coats and it cost me £30 at the QM despite it being starred and the naafi price being £120!
  12. Tell the permanent staff, and a locker search should be completed to find the one with your regimental number and name in it. If the section commanders are not interested, go to the Plt/Tp Sgt.

Generally thieves are distasted and are often found in the med centre after their fingers have been trapped in a closing door by accident.

If it doesn’t turn up get billed for a new one and claim on your kit insurance, it will only cost you your excess.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Didn't Mummy put your name inside it with permanent marker pen?

The words 'kit' and 'insurance' spring to mind.
  14. Is it the new lightweight PCS gortext (With fleece neck and no hood/pockets) or the old Gortex in the MTP colour (The one with pockets and hood). If it's the later you should be getting a new one grat issue one soon, if it's the former then surely it's a case for theft investigation?