Mtp for all

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by superred21a, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was in Kabul the other day and noticed a lot of Yanks sporting the latest MTP clothing which is being issued to their Mountain Division. Also to my horror there was a gaggle of Polish Soldiers wearing MTP aswell, does this mean that MTP is becoming the standard for NATO if so lets revert back to C95 asap.
    Thoughts and Comments please.
  2. Errr thay are wearing multicam which MTP is based off and looks very similar?
  3. To your horror ? Why ? It's a set of clothing, do you get annoyed when you see pakis in blue jeans because you own a few pairs ?

4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

They'll be wearing Multicam, of which MTP is a derivative (styled on DPM), MTP is more whispy than Multicam (which has influence from the Woodland Pattern of the 80s/90s).

Boris has some nice piccies, type Multicam and MTP into the search function it should bring up a suitable thread.
  5. Imagine his horror when MTP chintz becomes available.
  6. No I get annoyed when I see them in the Pubs pissed, listening to TUPAC in their suped up motors then go onto the streets mouthing of about ISLAM and the devils in the west but that's not the point. Why has the MOD issued us with uniforms that other Nations wear and any Tom Dick & Harry can buy and wear.
  7. Wow. You're a giant cunt are you?
  8. Wot?! Like DPM?
  9. A visit to a military surplus shop or using one of the many mail order firms or even E bay and 'any Tom Dick & Harry' can wear the same as a British Army soldier worn over the last 100+ years. Do you think British Army clothing patterns should be legally protected to ensure they are only used on British military uniforms?
  10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

They haven't, the MoD have the copyright, it's all ours, nobody gets to make it without permission.
  11. I have to admitt, it's refreshing not to hear wails of outrage that the MoD isn't buying the same as everyone else!

...even if MTP is not the same is multicam
  12. Give it 6 months and you'll be able to buy Hong kong knock offs at your local market.
  13. Now THIS is horrible;

14. So would you rather look the same as other nato nations, or dead and look like a brit? There is a good reason why everyone is using this type of cam. It works......
  15. Holy ******* Jesus Danny! A definitive and nail on the head answer, a rarity on here mate :)