Mtp for all

I was in Kabul the other day and noticed a lot of Yanks sporting the latest MTP clothing which is being issued to their Mountain Division. Also to my horror there was a gaggle of Polish Soldiers wearing MTP aswell, does this mean that MTP is becoming the standard for NATO if so lets revert back to C95 asap.
Thoughts and Comments please.

Errr thay are wearing multicam which MTP is based off and looks very similar?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was in Kabul the other day and noticed a lot of Yanks sporting the latest MTP clothing which is being issued to their Mountain Division. Also to my horror there was a gaggle of Polish Soldiers wearing MTP aswell, does this mean that MTP is becoming the standard for NATO if so lets revert back to C95 asap.
They'll be wearing Multicam, of which MTP is a derivative (styled on DPM), MTP is more whispy than Multicam (which has influence from the Woodland Pattern of the 80s/90s).

Boris has some nice piccies, type Multicam and MTP into the search function it should bring up a suitable thread.

Imagine his horror when MTP chintz becomes available.

To your horror ? Why ? It's a set of clothing, do you get annoyed when you see pakis in blue jeans because you own a few pairs ?

Bummer
No I get annoyed when I see them in the Pubs pissed, listening to TUPAC in their suped up motors then go onto the streets mouthing of about ISLAM and the devils in the west but that's not the point. Why has the MOD issued us with uniforms that other Nations wear and any Tom Dick & Harry can buy and wear.

No I get annoyed when I see them in the Pubs pissed, listening to TUPAC in their suped up motors then go onto the streets mouthing of about ISLAM and the devils in the west but that's not the point. Why has the MOD issued us with uniforms that other Nations wear and any Tom Dick & Harry can buy and wear.
Wow. You're a giant cunt are you?

Wot?! Like DPM?

Why has the MOD issued us with uniforms that other Nations wear and any Tom Dick & Harry can buy and wear.
A visit to a military surplus shop or using one of the many mail order firms or even E bay and 'any Tom Dick & Harry' can wear the same as a British Army soldier worn over the last 100+ years. Do you think British Army clothing patterns should be legally protected to ensure they are only used on British military uniforms?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They haven't, the MoD have the copyright, it's all ours, nobody gets to make it without permission.

I have to admitt, it's refreshing not to hear wails of outrage that the MoD isn't buying the same as everyone else!

...even if MTP is not the same is multicam

Give it 6 months and you'll be able to buy Hong kong knock offs at your local market.

Now THIS is horrible;

So would you rather look the same as other nato nations, or dead and look like a brit? There is a good reason why everyone is using this type of cam. It works......

So your a racist as well? If you feel so vehement about our Asian citizens pm me and ill point you towards a couple of Muslim doormen from Keighley who will break off from their 5 a day ritual to discuss your concerns at length.

Forgot to add, You ******* STAB ****

Not quite the outrage you were looking to incite hey? Shock Horror the Aussies are starting to wear it(Multicam)as well.

is woodland DPM going to be phased out completely then?
Wikipedia;

Replacement - MTP

Multi-Terrain Pattern is a camouflage pattern which will replace the four colour woodland uniform known as DPM in the British Army
In December 2009 the Ministry of Defence announced that HM Forces will be issued with combat clothing in a new camouflage optimised for operations in Afghanistan, yet claimed to be suitable for wide range of environments.
It will be issued to all personnel deploying on Op HERRICK from March 2010, then issued more widely to HM Forces from 2011.
This is the first time HM Forces have changed to a new camouflage pattern in 40 years.
The camouflage is a multi-terrain pattern that is claimed to perform consistently well across a wide range of environments encountered both on current operations and worldwide. No official acknowledgement, however, has been made of the argument that a compromise may not perform as well in certain environments - e.g. desert, jungle, forest - as the existing two uniforms.
A wide range of camouflage colours was trialled in Britain, Cyprus, Kenya and Afghanistan. Camouflages were compared with in-service and commercially available camouflages. The trials included visual comparisons, objective assessments of the time to detect the different camouflages against different backgrounds, and subjective user opinions on the efficacy of the performance. Crye’s Multicam technology was stated to be the best performing across the widest range of environments by a significant margin and was selected as the new British Camouflage, based upon the British DPM pattern. The new camouflage is to be known as Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Military Clothing & Boots 12
broken_man Military Clothing & Boots 31
working_with_choppers The Training Wing 0