MTP, first pic Ive seen of it in use in Afghanistan

Mr_Deputy said:
Does look OK. Very clean kit - after a bit of dust it would prob blend better in a dustry environment. It's probably a better all-round solution. Quite impressed that the Army has gone ahead with it really!
*Cough*...Those lad's are 40 Cdo RM......*cough*

:lol:

40 commando RAF regiment of the sea :twisted:

Some of the helmets seems strange - the one closest to the camera looks like the one shown in the trial phots which I believed was not to be used.

bigpod said:
Some of the helmets seems strange - the one closest to the camera looks like the one shown in the trial phots which I believed was not to be used.
i was going to say the same - his armour is also different. is he a "them"??

pacestick said:
bigpod said:
i was going to say the same - his armour is also different. is he a "them"??
RAF Loadie? Seems to be wearing a 'hang out of the back with a gimpy' vest rather than Osprey.

He's wearing a US MICH 2000 with MSA Paraclete RAV.
The MTP looks bloody brilliant.
Looks like Osprey Assault armour in desert DPM.
At long last we're getting there. We've always had the men, now they're getting the equipment.

Forks said:
Osprey needs to match now, or at least be in olive drab.
Totally agree, but it really is getting there!
Wait 12 months; the gear really will be shit hot!

pacestick said:
fair one, his new altbergs do look rather clean :)
Boot Spotter!!! 8O

bigpod said:
It was trialed way back in the 80s IIRC

polar69 said:
I've heard you shouldn't iron it
The Guards won't take it then.

OP's image published here:

40 Commando takes over command of Sangin operations
MoD website 20 Apr 2010 said:
Responsibility for and command of the Sangin Area of Operations has officially been transferred from 3rd Battalion The Rifles (3 RIFLES) to 40 Commando Royal Marines...
Different photo showing MTP here:

40 Commando Royal Marines take over authority of Sangin from 3rd Battalion The Rifles
RN website 20 Apr 2010 said:
At 14:00 local time yesterday afternoon, 3rd Battalion The Rifles officially transferred responsibility and command of the Sangin area of operations to 40 Commando Royal Marines. Over the last few weeks, Royal Marine Commandos and attached Ranks have been arriving in Forward Operating Base (FOB) Jackson, in the Sangin region of Helmand province. They have been receiving comprehensive handovers from their counterparts in the 3 Rifles. The Area of Operations was formally handed by the 3 Rifles Commanding Officer, Lt Col Nick Kitson, to Lt Col Paul James, Commanding Officer of 40 Commando Royal Marines...

Heres the yank pattern they will use as of july. Are pattern seems alot darker and may i add alot better :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Military Clothing & Boots 12
broken_man Military Clothing & Boots 31
working_with_choppers The Training Wing 0