MTP badge plate

Right hope I don't get too much abuse about bringing up another thread about this uniform, but I can't find the answer using the search function.

Regarding the Badge Plate.
Have recently received the copy of the DIN regarding badge positions and the Union Jack seems to be in the wrong place.

Are people bothering to move it to the correct position of 3cm below the apex or just leave it where it has been sewn on by the manufacturers?

Thanks

Give it back to the Q bloke who should return it to the QM who should return it through the system to the Quality Assurance manager. The QA Manager could then report it to the manufacture who will correct the fault in the production process and pay for the Union flags to be correctly remounted on the issued blanking panels.

Alternately just accept it

Every single one I've seen has been in a different position.

Have recently received the copy of the DIN regarding badge positions and the Union Jack seems to be in the wrong place
A common mistake (IMHO) is using the diagonal stitchings as a 'reference'. Just because the badge is not on these doesn't mean it is wrong.

Also some of the Word produced pictures depicting where badges go are impossiblities...

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this wrongly placed flag going to give away your position in a firefight?

No.

Is this going to add extra weight for you to carry when next time you in ghanners, during the summer?

No.

Is this wrongly placed badge, going to cause your weapon to stop firing at a critical moment?

No.

Is your RSM going to measure your badge to see if it is in the 'exact' right place?

No, yes, maybe if he is autistic.

Is this going to make any difference to your life?

No, maybe are you autistic?

Think about it, you are reading DINs about placement of badges, and you are concerned if yours is in the right place? If you can get the blanking plate on the right arm and the right way up your sorted, now go away and iron your laces!!!!

Is this wrongly placed flag going to give away your position in a firefight?

No.

Is this going to add extra weight for you to carry when next time you in ghanners, during the summer?

No.

Is this wrongly placed badge, going to cause your weapon to stop firing at a critical moment?

No.

Is your RSM going to measure your badge to see if it is in the 'exact' right place?

No, yes, maybe if he is autistic.

Is this going to make any difference to your life?

No, maybe are you autistic?

Think about it, you are reading DINs about placement of badges, and you are concerned if yours is in the right place? If you can get the blanking plate on the right arm and the right way up your sorted, now go away and iron your laces!!!!
I think the point you made above the boldy bit could be a fulcrum.

What is the DIN for this?

Right hope I don't get too much abuse about bringing up another thread about this uniform, but I can't find the answer using the search function.

Have recently received the copy of the DIN regarding badge positions and the Union Jack seems to be in the wrong place.

Are people bothering to move it to the correct position of 3cm below the apex or just leave it where it has been sewn on by the manufacturers?

Thanks

Someone in our CoC decided that all were to be un-stiched and re-sown in the 'correct' position. Seems when someone much higher up (with specific responsibilities on dress...) was told he questioned why would you bother, why didnt we just put the flashes on below where the Union flags were?

I would tend to copy what the most senior NCO in your vacinity does, rather than get all sorts of sh1t jobs because 'some bloke off the internet said I should'

Thanks
I've seen so many variations and I've come to the conclusion that MTP is much like sexuality………what ever is comfortable for you!!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
My Zero Alpha moved all the Union Jacks and matched them up with the TRF's. She didn't half get the arse when I asked her to do it though. Something I'll remind her of next time she wants some form of Arachnid/Gastropod Mollusc removed from the house.

[video=youtube;-lj056ao6GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj056ao6GE&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Military Clothing & Boots 22
broken_man Military Clothing & Boots 31
working_with_choppers The Training Wing 0