MTP and wearing Medals?

POGscribbler

War Hero
Ok Folks,

I am expecting some incoming so with a deep breath. and broadening of my shoulders, I am going to pose the Question …

I have bee asked to attend an event in my MTP’s ( I don’t have a dress uniform available and no longer serving) but with medals attached. Is that acceptable?

I think I know the answer.

But wanted to see what you Guys Thought

Thanks ( Be Gentle)

PoGs

From memory, ADRs state that the only time this is acceptable is for Cadet Instructors when on Rememberance Parades or specific parades for the award of operational medals.

However, the reality is that most people ignore it for all manner of reasons.

Depends how rigid you want to be I guess.

partyr

Old-Salt
If you're no longer serving you can basically wear what you like, however to avoid the walt hunters I would stay within the confines of the event.

POGscribbler

War Hero
From memory, ADRs state that the only time this is acceptable is for Cadet Instructors when on Rememberance Parades or specific parades for the award of operational medals.

However, the reality is that most people ignore it for all manner of reasons.

Depends how rigid you want to be I guess.
Hmmmm! I just don't want to look like a twat frankly and it's an important Forces charity raising money event, My Dinner jacket and miniatures are too formal and just a blazer etc is not ally enough, so kinda undecided?

Hmmmm! I just don't want to look like a twat frankly and it's an important Forces charity raising money event, My Dinner jacket and miniatures are too formal and just a blazer etc is not ally enough, so kinda undecided?
Oh, a dinner?

You’d look a twat in MTP - perhaps a jacket with medals might be more suitable?

If you intend wearing medals then wear a blazer/lounge suit/jacket. You turn up with tin on MTP and you'll look like a big-timing civvy walt.

Put big Regimental shiny buttons on your blazer -ally or what!

Not ally enough? What type of event? Either go blazer/medals (beret if you must) or go full on Iranian embassy siege black kit. With medals.

Don't dîck about with MTP.

you will look ******* ri9diculous. turning up in what is work clobber with your tin swinging.

Politely decline or follow normal rules in civvy clobber ie blazer

Really your medals should be in a display case in your downstairs hero shitter, never to see the sun again

Dwarf

LE
Put a name tag on your chest in lieu of medals saying "They are being cleaned".

You can go ally or with bling, choose.

look on ebay, get a chest of military bling and blag about years in hereford, sorted.

'Borrow' some, tell us that you've 'borrowed' some, then tell us it was all a wind up to get us going hahahahahaha and finally get huffy and sneery when no-one gives a resounding thumbs up for your wizard wheeze.

I believe that we may have an SME on these very boards . . .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

POGscribbler

War Hero
Blazer and Beret and Medals it is then.
Thanks, folks I am not going to disrespect anyone. but I struggled with the image of crusty (but completely respected) veterans. In a blazer and grey slacks unless at remembrance parades which I attend yearly dressed thus.
Hence this post after being strangely requested to attend the event in combats but with medals?

It's not going to happen.

thank's folks once again

PoGs

Latest Threads