Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Spanish_Dave, Dec 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I spoke to my brother today and he told me that he got a phone call on Friday at 17.10 to say his weekend was cancelled due to lack of MTDs. How sad that they wait until the last minute, some people no doubt swap shifts etc to attend. When I was a PSI..............
  2. msr

msr LE

Smells a bit fishy to me. Are you sure he did not say 'lack of bods'?

If not, the Training Major should be taken out and handed the Mess Webley.

3. Unlikely that it would get called off due to lack of MTDs at such short notice (after all that would imply that Permanent Staff were working on a Friday afternoon). Most likely due to a poor turnout being expected. However I stand to be corrected.
  4. Ditto.

This sounds like incompetance/lack of numbers. not MTDs. MTDs are a plenty and/or can be adjusted as required after the event.
  5. Certainly in this part of the world a number of the larger units are handing back MTDs to Bde as they are way underspent on their budgets. It sounds to me like the numbers attending looked too small and the CoC decided to can the weekend as a result. It seems unlikely that any unit is managing its MTD budget that closely within a given month so if the CoC were looking to save MTDs over the year they would bin a weekend in Feb/Mar - before the training resources were booked and paid for.

That begs the question - Why the poor attendence ? Post Tour fatigue ? Dull and repetitive training programme ? Travelling too far to train ? So many events that attendence is spread too thin ? Finger pointed at the TM or Coy Comd methinks.
  6. Spanish_Dave

Spoke to him again and he is adamant MTDs was used as the excuse
  7. MTDs might well be the excuse but not the reason.
  8. Spanish_Dave

Thats what I really think also 8)
  9. Maybe he forgot to allocate them on Blenheim? o_O
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer