Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Borderer, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are any other units so cash strapped that MTD's are getting capped around 35 days per soldier a year, including annual camp?
    According to our forecast of events my training year will be over by the end of October! I know some only do the minimum but four Tuesday's and at least one weekend a month will soon run up the MTD's. This will have a knock on effect with regards to retention as we will find other things to do at a weekend!! :x
  2. I've seen this MTD myth since 1988
  3. Not a myth. Although ours has been capped at 27.

Hence why I started the other thread a few months ago on this forum.
  4. msr

msr LE

Show me the paperwork which states this!

5. msr, I was at a briefing 4 weeks ago, and the exact words were:

"MTD's for the coming financial year are set at 27 days per man"

I can't argue with what i'm told, can I?
  6. Oh dear God, not this one again. MTD limits can be - in my experience - imposed at almost any management level within the TA for a variety of reasons. They are a waste of time and energy and a symptom of management who don't understand how the world works.

My advice ? Ignore the limit. Attend all the weekends you were planning to regardless. And watch as more days magically appear from where they've been hidden. If you plan forthe limit and don't attend weekends then when some bozo pops up around January time and tells you there's a load of days left in the budget and they've got to be spent or we don't get them next year you'll be sad.
  7. msr

msr LE

Oots post addded to FAQ. Thread locked.

P.S. I bet it was your new Training Major which said this...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.