MTDs for working at home

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jan 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

A few points that should clarify matters on MTDs (summarised from a recent CRF note):

msr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good, I'll be submitting a pay sheet tonight. I've spent bloody hours this last week on TA related stuff.

3. msr

msr LE

"This is subject to the CO or OC stating in advance what the officer or soldier is to achieve and the maximum number of days/part days that can be claimed."

I hope you got up front approval....

msr

4. It has been OKed by the PSAO and I take it that it came from the OC (well it best had or it will be my last). ;-)

5. Can you claim for working on this site? It's where I get most of my ideas from!

6. I'm sure if you were to churn something out at the other end then it could be justified. Lesson plans; weekend trianing programs etc. If you dont ask you dont get...

7. Has anything been said for being able to claim MTDs for carry in out physical training outside training hours? There is a debate at my unit just now. Can anyone verify the authenticity of being able to claim. A file or document reference would help. Do any units currently implement this incentive?

8. According to the study guide, MK1 should take "...around 50 hours and 35 minutes."

Of course, this rather precise figure does not take into account revision (the summaries don't really cut the mustard when the student is required to know whole chunks of text verbatim), or the seemingly requisite re-sits.

Working on the basis of an 8 hour day, I would imagine that at least 5-6 MTDs would be required - particularly when regulars have been known to take a week off duties to cram it all in!

9. msr

msr LE

10. Cracking thread MSR - this is what we need more of, IMHO...

11. msr

msr LE

TARE,

It's a 2 (NC) Sig Bde thing, See your PMs.

msr

12. Thanks MSR - is TA eMK1 online on the DA website yet?

Typically, I have heard nothing through unit channels on this, and have probably wasted a whole load of time trying to make sense of the regular course!

As a guide, the regt has just about got around to issuing the original MK-1 CD!

13. msr

msr LE

GB,

That's not very impressive :(

I completed the whole shooting match while I was out in Basra, so am not best placed to comment on recent changes. The best person to speak to is your Adjt.

Tell me, have they allocated you a mentor?

msr

14. Cheers for that, so that means I can set my Sigs/JNCO's homework! Ha, the evil plan of getting them to complete courses for the benefit of their own career and the TA.

15. reference using the gym in your own time.

Para 2 above would appear to legitamise (sp?) this practice for all units. All that would be required would be for the OC or CO to "state in advance what is to be achieved" and agree the number fo MTD's over which it is to be done.

of the top of my head I could imagine it working along the lines of BPFA on a tuesday night. PTI then sits down and works out remedial trg required for each pers and sets goals to be achieved over set time i.e improve by x press ups, x sit ups and x mins on the run by 1 month's time.

Bloggs goes to gym (getting receipts to prove attendance) and 1 month later BPFA run again. if bloggs has achieved his goals then OC can sign off paysheet as trg objective has been met and there is proof of attending gym. Bloggs fails then he doesn't get paid as teh stated objectives have not been met. This also allows for any of the wasters who would happily go along to the gym and sit in the bar for three hours!!

anyone see any reasons why this won't work?

and MSR - can you give me details of the original document as I haven't seen it in my unit at all, would like to raise its awareness with the chain of command.

Humph