MTBing near Deepcut/Aldershot

Down on course there next month for a few weeks and wondering if anyone can recommend some riding areas/near by trail centers.

M

Mr_Logic

Check out the Tunnel Hill Trolls MTB Club website.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Motor Torpedo Boat........?

Z

Zarathustra

I believe there are some good routes on the training area at Pirbright as well.

I believe there are some good routes on the training area at Pirbright as well.
There is, but there's loads of good routes around the RMA & Gib Bks too, the best view though, in the whole area is on top of Caesars Camp, Aldershot.

On a clear day you can see all the big buildings in London, Canary Wharf, Shard etc. Wembley Stadium, when the roof arm is up. The Devils Punch Bowl! The wind turbine on the M4 at Reading. Didcot power station (though not for much longer, they're being pulled down)

Pirbright is fairly small but quite challenging. Swinley forest now has dedicated trails blue and red route. The blue route is better if you do not have full sus as the red whilst longer is slightly more technical but not harder. Alternatively I think you can stick to established forest roads but not break track and head toward surrey hill and old dean common

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

There is, but there's loads of good routes around the RMA & Gib Bks too, the best view though, in the whole area is on top of Caesars Camp, Aldershot.

On a clear day you can see all the big buildings in London, Canary Wharf, Shard etc. Wembley Stadium, when the roof arm is up. The Devils Punch Bowl! The wind turbine on the M4 at Reading. Didcot power station (though not for much longer, they're being pulled down)
And all those vehicles illegally parked.

Cactusman

Old-Salt

For the extra adrenaline rush, descend off Caesers via "Pink Mountain" which is the off-road track that runs parallel to Beacon Hill Road. Full bounce and disc brakes recommended, its one of those drops where you only discover how steep it is when you go over the top. Suicidal types pedal down it.

Basingstoke canal towpath whilst very pleasant in places, can get very busy so best avoided if you like to "make progress"

Hard tail for me so think that might be out. Sounds good though. Cheers for the heads up sounds like I'll find something to suit me

Latest Threads