MSQ Charges To Rise Dramatically

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by PoisonDwarf, Sep 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's starting to get a bit of a panic on about the nasty rumour that quarters are going to get v.expensive.

The story goes that far too many squaddies are left on a limb when they leave because they find the housing market extortionately expensive compared to army housing. Fair point really - BUT - apparently one solution is to raise MSQ charges to a comparable rate to our civvy counterparts.

I hope it's unfounded.

If rates were to go up, the consequence would be that the majority would instead plump for buying property rather than renting DHE stock. That would lead to a significant surplus in MSQs, thus giving Annington Homes more properties to sell off. That's why it actually sounds feasible.

Anyone else got any news on this - or otherwise. Ta.

PD

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The rental rates for FQs are based upon average rents for local authority housing. Many service personnel simply could not afford to either rent commercially or buy in most areas, so this sounds like a non-starter to me.

3. Although this sounds unlikely, I would not be at all surprised if it happened.

4. I'll be going to the QM's for some MFO boxes for me and the MB clan to live in then if it is true :?

Any space going darn sarf for a few more boxes 8O