Ms May insults us all

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bryan1950, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Little article tucked away as usual, hide things behind a bigger head line.FOX
    Ms May has intentions of changing the law so that cursing and swearing at Soldiers, plus burning Poppies is downgraded to a freedom of speech issue and not a crime against the nation. Any one will have the right to diss our forefathers and comrades under the freedom of speech act, this is an attempt to stop free speech being criminalised. This will also include the burning of Poppies as they are not a religious item so will fall outside of being protected, but obviously destroying a copy of the Koran will be an offence.
    What she is failing to look at is the fact that if not for our fallen heroes there would not be a f###king freedom of speech act to make a mockery about, once again its one way traffic aimed at allowing drunken Uni students and fundamental Islamists the right without fear of prosecution to cajole and humiliate "us", I say us because we are the ones who are going to have to put up with it.
    Of course I'm sure that when the Queen is laying her wreath at the Cenotaph no lager swilling prats or Pork hating moron will be any where near her, but when shes gone they will all be allowed to come on down and swing off the Flags and trample the wreaths in the name of free speech.
    If I'm babbling on I appologise, just a tad upset.
  2. Price of living in a liberal democracy mate!

However, infinately preferable to a Police/Militarist State.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. When has swearing at soldiers or burning poppies ever been a crime against the nation? It's a public order offence.

If the worst thing that happens to you in your Army career is some nasty civvy swearing at you then you've had a fucking easy time in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps.
    • Like Like x 2

4. If swearing at soldiers is a crime then the courts are going to be very busy. Do I have to hand myself in cos I swore at soldiers on a regular basis.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. If that were the case, both my ex wives would be breaking rocks at Dartmoor as we speak.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

theres nothing cushy about life in the women's auxiliary balloon corps!
  7. I didn't know spitting at soldiers or abusing them verbally was an offence...

It has happened a few times. But if a bunch of morons want to carry out activities such as these then generally other laws kick in to place to keep them in a secluded spot or actually arrested.

Our Fallen fell for free speach (amongst other things), it would taint their memory to restrict such freedom much more than a bunch of mouth breathers gobbing off.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Could you do us the honour of providing a link to this "article" if it does exist, and the name of the rag that it appeared in. Probably the house magazine of the BNP/EDL????
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Ms May has to give people the freedom to swear at soldiers. It's only fair.

Have you heard some of the things that squaddies say?
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am arresting you for a public order offence. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. Fucking swear at me you cuntcasket. Get in the fucking car.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Last time I got spat at was in Divis in 73 when one of our guys nailed a nail bomber. I didn't know it was unlawfull. I'd have shot her on the spot and made it 2 nil. Swearing was a different matter. Even my mates in the mob swore at me. Does that count? As for burning poppies, I didn't know that was unlawful either but hey ho, there you go.

I have 2 boys, one who has just left uni and one who is in his final year and while I have little doubt that on occasion they have both got a little drunk, I don't think they have ever targetted Soldiers while on the lash there.

What a crap thread.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I swear at soldiers on a daily basis. Sometimes hourly. Luckily they aren't hand wringing, quim dripping vegetarians. The lads i Work with can give better than any civvy when it comes to offensive use of language. I doubt they'll lose sleep over this.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brotherton Lad

Those nasty SNCOs were swearing alot at the officer cadets at Sandhurst, too. Crap thread, agreed.
  14. Dont worry, If it causes Harassment Alarm and Distress they WILL be arrested.
  15. Brotherton Lad

I disagree. I've known a few in the Auxiliary Balloons who were very comfortable.