MS boarding

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
(For anyone here who is still in, if there are any?)

The grapevine tells me that a certain Bn, not satisfied with the standard 1 MI Bde procedure of demanding the first draft of blokes SJAR's five months before the due date for endless boarding, thereby functionally reducing the reporting period from 12 months to 7 months, has started demanding that MPAR's be sent to Bn HQ as well, for pre-boarding.

Perhaps someone who has been chained below decks in Glasgow or another MS sweatshop post can clarify, but I was always instructed that it was laid out in the JSP that MPAR's are strictly between the line manager and individual, and are not in any way to be used for formal ranking / reporting. Aside from the rigmarole, utter waste of time, and prejudicial priming and susceptibility to groupthink about an individual this represents, is it not simply against the rules? Is a Commanding Officer actually allowed to go this far off the reservation, or don't they have to stick to the directives their chain of command have issued? Or if it's acceptable for them to sack off direction from their chain of command, is it acceptable for their subordinates to do the same and refuse to send MPAR's for grading?

Answers on a postcard...

I am right

Clanker
What illeagl gradings boards never, Commanding Officers ignoring the rules never. No point complaining either as they just ignore you or take 2 years to get to your complaint

What illeagl gradings boards never, Commanding Officers ignoring the rules never. No point complaining either as they just ignore you or take 2 years to get to your complaint
You're not Int Corps are you petal?

I am right

Clanker
yes I was cleared in the end, but took that long all the bullies where promoted or commissioned. So nothing happened to them as per usual. Army looks after itself (should have picked Bitter and twisted as user name)

What was your crime? Was it one against the English language? If so, you were bang to rights!!!!

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
yes I was cleared in the end, but took that long all the bullies where promoted or commissioned. So nothing happened to them as per usual. Army looks after itself (should have picked Bitter and twisted as user name)
Well, I suppose that's good to hear, only my remark was directed at CR, who's a notorious bully, sex pest and molester of harmless rotary wing airframes.

chimera

LE
Unusual for MPARs to be used, as it is common practice (certainly in my part of the Army) not to "predict" Performance and Potential grading in MPARs.

But it is common for 2ROs to ask for an Order of Merit list from their 1ROs after MPAR time to get a feel for Top/Middle/Lower third positioning of those on whom they will be reporting, and who they will want to be looking at more closely etc.

mso

LE
I guess you could always send the top 1/5 and bottom 1/5 of the page to prove they have been done.

Latest Threads