Mrs Thatcher's police bodyguard warned her about tory paedophiles

DannyDiehard

War Hero
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-claims-senior-ministers-named-dossier.html

Sorry it is a Mail story. But it is attributed to a respected source of information, police.

I hope that Sir Keith Joseph's record, of suppressing child care home abuse inquiry in Suffolk (Involving Hackney Social Services), when he was DHSS minister will now fall under the spotlight. 1972.

IIRC the senior DHSS civil servant involved in the 1972 inquiry refusals was Miss Celia Hensman now an MBE I think including for her charitable work with C of E Children's Society. I hope she has a good recall if there is proper inquiry.

Also Christs College Cambridge whose spokesperson suggested, years ago, there would be mileage in investigating the Sue Ryder charity, in connection with Sir Keith's suppression of child care inquiry. This information was attributed by the spokesperson to an alumnus who had become a Bishop. My cursory checks can only find one such alumnus a chap called Donald Runcie.

Given what has now emerged about Savile and abuse at the Sue Ryder child hospice Leeds 1970s I am inclined to give weight to the Christs College sourced suggestion of yesteryear.

Many mysteries may fall into place now, how a junior minister like magaret Thatcher came to power (OK she was Mrs BP) and held power surrounded by some quite unsavoury characters for so long...blackmail has always been a most sucessful political tool!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
He's made a sensible post and I'm shocked. As for the subject it's no surprise. To get access to unsavoury sexual acts needs, power and/or money.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I am concerned that these allegations only come to light after the accused is dead and therefore presumably cant sue, which in turn suggests the evidence is shaky.
Innocent until proven guilty or has snuffed it?

Or maybe guilty but capable of suppression and/or reprisal until dead?

I am concerned that these allegations only come to light after the accused is dead and therefore presumably cant sue, which in turn suggests the evidence is shaky.

Blackmail becomes boring once the blackmailed persons money dries up, i.e. like: Cyril Smith & Jimmy Savile, when they are brown bread, it then becomes necessary to sell the filth to the highest bidder and the bigger the current media shitstorm, the more money gets paid..

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hang the dead out to dry but as sure as eggs are eggs there'll be a load with arses going ten bob, penny.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought this was going to be yet another 'I knew about it at the time but didn't do anything until a few decades later' but it turns out to be 'I was made aware of some rumours and did tell someone about it so now dredge it up to a newspaper for a wedge of cash' story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-claims-senior-ministers-named-dossier.html

Sorry it is a Mail story. But it is attributed to a respected source of information, police.

I hope that Sir Keith Joseph's record, of suppressing child care home abuse inquiry in Suffolk (Involving Hackney Social Services), when he was DHSS minister will now fall under the spotlight. 1972.

IIRC the senior DHSS civil servant involved in the 1972 inquiry refusals was Miss Celia Hensman now an MBE I think including for her charitable work with C of E Children's Society. I hope she has a good recall if there is proper inquiry.

Also Christs College Cambridge whose spokesperson suggested, years ago, there would be mileage in investigating the Sue Ryder charity, in connection with Sir Keith's suppression of child care inquiry. This information was attributed by the spokesperson to an alumnus who had become a Bishop. My cursory checks can only find one such alumnus a chap called Donald Runcie.

Given what has now emerged about Savile and abuse at the Sue Ryder child hospice Leeds 1970s I am inclined to give weight to the Christs College sourced suggestion of yesteryear.

No problem with it being a Mail story...

It usually doesn't mean the story is bollox or untrue it just embellishes it with it's own brand of right wing, wind up the proles froth in the way it reports it.

I find it quite healthy to see the Mail mention the Thatcherite junta in connection with anything other than glowing terms of myopic nostalgia! Well done the Mail, perhaps one day you'll be a newspaper after all!