Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

There is an interesting poll today on the 'Conservative Home' website. The panel polled is of, I believe, forum members who are also party members. Long story short, only one in ten of the party members polled now supports May's Chequers proposal.
Apologies to the mods for posting a link to a different forum but the full results are at the link below. This poll is on the eve of the party conference too (which makes one wonder whether the current UK/EU row is staged to allow May to face conference and claim to be strong).

Our special survey. Only one in ten party members says that May should stick with Chequers. | Conservative Home

There is an interesting poll today on the 'Conservative Home' website. The panel polled is of, I believe, forum members who are also party members. Long story short, only one in ten of the party members polled now supports May's Chequers proposal.
Apologies to the mods for posting a link to a different forum but the full results are at the link below. This poll is on the eve of the party conference too (which makes one wonder whether the current UK/EU row is staged to allow May to face conference and claim to be strong).

Our special survey. Only one in ten party members says that May should stick with Chequers. | Conservative Home

Not really nice to see even rubbish tabloid of referring to us all as 'Brits', but then that is the snowflake way I suppose.

Personally I think it's a shame that it wasn't Gove who self-harmed. But that's just because he always reminds me of a Bond villain. Does he have a white cat?

There is always the Pob likeness as well

BdUZNQ7CAAABISO.jpg

I think the Conservative MPs and Party conference will sling a lot of dung about but stop short of the upset a leadership challenge and change will cause, because of the damage it will do to the Party in the country.

Besides, the days of anointing an heir apparent (like Eden) have log gone and historically the eventual winner has not been even at short odds at the start (like Thatcher).

I think the Conservative MPs and Party conference will sling a lot of dung about but stop short of the upset a leadership challenge and change will cause, because of the damage it will do to the Party in the country.

Besides, the days of anointing an heir apparent (like Eden) have log gone and historically the eventual winner has not been even at short odds at the start (like Thatcher).
Also no-one really wants the "poisoned chalice" at the moment.6 months time, things might be very different!

Also no-one really wants the "poisoned chalice" at the moment.6 months time, things might be very different!

In six months, and one day, May is goign to need a food taster and half a dozen 7ft tall and wide CP blokes to permanently surround the gas proof bubble she needs to hide in. Fart would have more chance inside a cat 5 hurricane.

That at least is my thoughts. Weirdly I seem to be a minority. I glanced at the papers today while in the shop. Most were praising her for the actions this week. Which was odd, because I thought she basically tried to act all statesman like and such forth, and got scuppered by the EU telling her to do one, and the following riposte* was a bit whiny.

Incidentally the BBC radio that was on the other day, was treating it like she'd sent an ultimatum to Germany and she was about to declare war or something, rather than a mediocre speech.

I still dislike the way Tusk pretended he was a Prussian and insulted May in that fashion. With disgusting people like him, Macron and Juncker they show themselves up to be very immature.

I'm not convinced about May myself but do not feel she deserves what those European "men" dish out.

I still dislike the way Tusk pretended he was a Prussian and insulted May in that fashion. With disgusting people like him, Macron and Juncker they show themselves up to be very immature.

I'm not convinced about May myself but do not feel she deserves what those European "men" dish out.
w
Tusk is widely regarded in his native Poland as being their version of a Tony Blair/Gordon Brown hybrid with extra slime. The bloke is an utter ****.

Edited as this new kindle fire dictionary has resulted in the worst autocorrect I've ever known.

Last edited:
With the Conservative conference coming up, journalists have hacked the official app by pretending to be various Conservative MP's. One Guardian journalist is currently logged on as Boris Johnson and can't log off, as the system was locked when the fustercluck was discovered. Emails and photos were accessible and some photos were changed.

The phone numbers of Senior Conservatives were accessible by anyone who spoofed a Conservative MP on the app. This news broke around an hour ago and so you can pretty much choose your source of choice for more info.

Here is a Sky report Senior Tory MPs' phone numbers exposed in Conservative Conference app flaw

{Edited to add link to BBC coverage which includes images of the app Tory app security breach reveals MPs' numbers }

As the time of writing there were no derisory posts on the app maker's twitter feed but it might be worth checking later, given that they claim the app to be GDPR compliant, despite no password being required to access accounts. Of course it may be the way the accounts were set up by whoever was tasked with it.

CrowdComms (@crowdcomms) | Twitter

Crowd Comms wrote in their blog on 7th September about security - physical security, not app security...
3 Unexpected Event Security Tips - crowdcomms
Well this was certainly unexpected!!!

Out of interest, here is the conference agenda:

Commercial Opportunities, The Conservative Party Conference, Birmingham ICC, 30th September - 3rd October 2018

Last edited:
As above

The start of the cluckfest that is the Modern Conservative Party, off to a good start

Complacency by the Conservatives will see them out of office before 2022

Whilst many here are anti labour, - and may not agree with this statement - as commented in the Times - The labour party came out of the conference with fire in the belly - at the moment they are driving the agenda - why because the Conservatives have let them

Archie

With the Conservative conference coming up, journalists have hacked the official app by pretending to be various Conservative MP's. One Guardian journalist is currently logged on as Boris Jonson and can't log off, as the system was locked when the fustercluck was discovered. Emails and photos were accessible and some photos were changed.

The phone numbers of Senior Conservatives were accessible by anyone who spoofed a Conservative MP on the app. This news broke around an hour ago and so you can pretty much choose your source of choice for more info.

Here is a Sky report Senior Tory MPs' phone numbers exposed in Conservative Conference app flaw

{Edited to add link to BBC coverage which includes images of the app Tory app security breach reveals MPs' numbers }

As the time of writing there were no derisory posts on the app maker's twitter feed but it might be worth checking later, given that they claim the app to be GDPR compliant, despite no password being required to access accounts. Of course it may be the way the accounts were set up by whoever was tasked with it.

CrowdComms (@crowdcomms) | Twitter

Crowd Comms wrote in their blog on 7th September about security - physical security, not app security...
3 Unexpected Event Security Tips - crowdcomms
Well this was certainly unexpected!!!

Out of interest, here is the conference agenda:

Commercial Opportunities, The Conservative Party Conference, Birmingham ICC, 30th September - 3rd October 2018

The Tories really could not organise a piss up in a brewery could they.