Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

That will be Gareth Southgates job when he is back - try and remember Tories there is no i in TEAM!!!
But there is a "U" in "C*nt", right?

Everything, God willing. Everything.

Schadenfreude is a bee-atch!
I think you may be right, but as a Tory by inclination and also someone who voted out, I'm not enjoying the current cluster one bit! :-(

Last edited:
There should be a Boom-Boom after that - Masterful
I wish I could said I invented it.

I first heard it muttered under the breath of a [proper] Old Sweat PC I was sat next to during some briefing from a particularly hated Chief Superintendent.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mrs May has been quite happy to see ministers resigns, very senior ones at that, and yet her civil service adviser who got her into this message is still there - Olly Robbins. I know it is virtually impossible to give these guys their jotters but until Robbins goes nobody is going to take what May says, does, promises as kosher.

Mrs May has been quite happy to see ministers resigns, very senior ones at that, and yet her civil service adviser who got her into this message is still there - Olly Robbins. I know it is virtually impossible to give these guys their jotters but until Robbins goes nobody is going to take what May says, does, promises as kosher.
It is almost a re-run of the shambles created during the last General Election, when her so-called advisors made a complete balls up of the campaign. Hill and Timothy advised her to keep Boris marginalised and away from the hustings as he was ‘toxic’. The rest is History as they say. Why is she so in thrall to advisors? I think I know the answer to that!
She survived the Election debacle by the skin of her teeth - she won’t be so ‘lucky’* this time around, the way it is panning out.
Absolutely shameful performance by this shower of shit!

*I’m not sure luck covers it. Who in their right mind wants the poisoned chalice of PM leading us out of Europe (notionally)?!

It is almost a re-run of the shambles created during the last General Election, when her so-called advisors made a complete balls up of the campaign. Hill and Timothy advised her to keep Boris marginalised and away from the hustings as he was ‘toxic’. The rest is History as they say. Why is she so in thrall to advisors? I think I know the answer to that!
She survived the Election debacle by the skin of her teeth - she won’t be so ‘lucky’* this time around, the way it is panning out.
Absolutely shameful performance by this shower of shit!

*I’m not sure luck covers it. Who in their right mind wants the poisoned chalice of PM leading us out of Europe (notionally)?!
Nobody wants it and that is PMTM's strength. I wouldn't blame her if she doesn't want it, either.

Robbins won't lose any influence until May goes. He is her creature.

Isn't this a bit more civil?

Sir John Major comes across as frankly a little bit more sane as the people running around making decisions now.

It's not that it is point of view on Brexit that is the thing that pleases me, it is that he does not demonise anyone in the way he makes his points.

I am sure it is just my memories of the 1990s dimming, but he does seem a bit more palatable than many of the loons running around right now.

If only I did not keep throwing my mind back to grubbiness of Matrix-Churchill, and how his government was (quite rightly) taken to task by the late Robin Cook.

Could she call a GE a few weeks before Brexit date? Purely as a feck you protest. She'd make a fortune on the after dinner speaking circuit. Surely at some point she has to realise she's peeing against the wind. :cool:

Sir John Major comes across as frankly a little bit more sane as the people running around making decisions now.

It's not that it is point of view on Brexit that is the thing that pleases me, it is that he does not demonise anyone in the way he makes his points.

I am sure it is just my memories of the 1990s dimming, but he does seem a bit more palatable than many of the loons running around right now.

If only I did not keep throwing my mind back to grubbiness of Matrix-Churchill, and how his government was (quite rightly) taken to task by the late Robin Cook.

Both civil and absolutely right in his arguments.

Rose tinted viewpoint possibly? He had a very hard act to follow, granted, but his term as PM, following his GE victory in 1992 was pretty abysmal. Remember the pound falling out of the ERM? Black Wednesday? His divided Party (the Bastards)? His illicit affair with Edwina Curry whilst enforcing ‘standards’ on the rest of the Party? His annihilation by Blair in 97? All on his watch.
His Spitting Image puppet was a bit OTT, but they weren’t far off the mark. A gentleman and a scholar, but not an impressive leader by any means - he’d fit right in with the present shower of mediocrities! :smile: