Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

It must be quite pleasant to have to deal with a common or garden scandal like this instead of more brexit or trump crap:

Minister resigns over texts to women

ETA cobblers, just seen Archimedes post. And there was me thinking the thread was still fixated entirely on Theresa having a plan and the brexiteers not... oh wait... it is.

Another one bits the dust

Overall not been a good week for Mrs May

Minister resigns

The minister for small business, Andrew Griffiths, has resigned from the government after sending text messages of a sexual nature to two female constituents.
The contents of the texts will be revealed in the Sunday Mirror.
Mr Griffiths, MP for Burton and Theresa May's former chief of staff, told the Mirror he was "deeply ashamed".
His behaviour had caused "untold distress" to his wife and family to whom he "owed everything", he said.

Archie
I ****ing love Britain.

An MP resigns after bombarding barmaid with texts demanding sex (now, i don't have a very good strike rate, but I am fairly sure it is best to ask in person) and the response from the party is "oh, he wasn't one of the pervs we knew about"

Westminster was stunned by Andrew Griffiths’ resignation tonight.

The small business and consumer minister did not feature on the spreadsheet of 40 sex pest MPs WhatsApped by Tory staffers last year.
How Andrew Griffiths sex text bombshell shocked Whitehall insiders

Mind you, if I was going to loose my job I wouldn't mind this epitaph.

Meanwhile the mild-mannered Mr Griffiths outwardly went about his business quietly and efficiently, the very embodiment of the diligent but dull public servant.

No one suspected that inside he was a seething cauldron of sadistic sexual desire.
It's got to the stage where I genuinely feel sorry for Mrs May. She must have locked herself in the toilet with a bottle of whiskey, and the Downing street staff are nervously trying to remember if there were any ligature points in there.

This has genuinely cheers me up no end, we haven't seen stuff like this since the Major government was imploding with arms to Iraq, deals with the unionists and I am waiting for a rerun of that bloke checking out asphyxi-wanking with an orange in his mouth*.

*My BA (Hons) Politics was such a waste of time if that is all I can remember.

I've read somewhere that May showed her Brexit plan to Merkal to get her approval before presenting it to the cabinet at Chequers and then to the wider party and government.

What's the word for when you betray your country to another?

I've read somewhere that May showed her Brexit plan to Merkal to get her approval before presenting it to the cabinet at Chequers and then to the wider party and government.

Double agent springs to mind

One gets the feeling she is being loyal to EU more than her home country, not surprising for a Europhile really

But still disappointing that she puts her country last

We have de facto German hegemony over Europe. not at the cost of the life of a single Pomeranian Grenadier, no panzer crossing the River Meuse or a French surrender.