Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Your right its not. But the Westminster bubble don't really think we understand what we need, and as they are the elected representatives they will do what they deem best for us.
As they say, a Camel is a horse designed by a committee. So I dread to think what Brexit is going to look like. We are indeed as a Nation looking a sorry state, so hang on and let's go for the hard Brexit and sod the lot!
It is a No.10 micro bubble that has largely bought things to this state: a cabal of ultra remainer civil servants who have for all intents and purposes been allowed by the PM to run the Brexit negotiations with (or conspire with, as some prefer) their equally unelected and unaccountable European Commission counterparts and thus sidelined DEXEU, whose new man promptly discovers his role is being "redefined" to encompass only the domestic arrangements which flow from whatever deal (or not) emerge, not actually negotiating it.

The White Paper that emerges will not be the work of DEXEU but that cabal

It is a No.10 micro bubble that has largely bought things to this state: a cabal of ultra remainer civil servants who have for all intents and purposes been allowed by the PM to run the Brexit negotiations with (or conspire with, as some prefer) their equally unelected and unaccountable European Commission counterparts and thus sidelined DEXEU, whose new man promptly discovers his role is being "redefined" to encompass only the domestic arrangements which flow from whatever deal (or not) emerge, not actually negotiating it.

The White Paper that emerges will not be the work of DEXEU but that cabal
Clever. But shurely someone close to the action has spotted this before now?

Boris is past it. We need somebody younger, balder and darker skinned. And I dont mean Chukka.
we ve already got the son of a bus driver
Clever. But shurely someone close to the action has spotted this before now?
Exactly! and that's what makes me angriest! - clearly David Davis, his 2ic and Boris (plus rest of Cabinet) knew at least some of this was happening when Theresa kept giving away concessions for nothing but, by all accounts, they were completely blindsided last Friday by TM producing the EUs white paper and DD was told his one wasn't required! - the level of behind the scenes collusion with the enemy (EU) is completely off the scale and a national disgrace! So much for TM's honesty!

I'd say she's spent billions of taxpayers' hard-earned to buy time and, so far, rather successfully.
Sadly agree, she is the proverbial busted flush!
Boris is unelectable, Gove is a devious little cove and Hammond wouldn't get past the Backbenchers and Jacob just lacks the appeal - bright and able as he is.
If the Cons don't get a grip and stop playing third generation spoilt brats destroying the family business they will be unelectable, regardless of what Labour throw at them.

The Whips are going to be in overdrive, bet they will try and put it all in the long grass before the summer recess. Even then they won't get a break, look for them at the typical summer Association garden parties spinning the No 10 snake oil solutions!
I've no intention of going to any typical summer Association garden parties and so will miss that particular entertainment.

Jacob just lacks the appeal - bright and able as he is.
Oh I don't know.....

“This is the greatest vassalage since King John paid homage to Phillip II at Le Goulet in 1200.

This White Paper has not needed age to turn yellow."

But yes, he is just too other worldy and posh with a lot of baggage for a moderm politician: Eton, Oxford, Rothschilds, own hedge fund in Cayman, rich wife etc. all of which which adds up to an estimated net worth somewhere North of £100m.

All of which explains very clearly why he can say and do pretty much anything he likes. And does so.

Favourite Moggman stories:

1. Entered politics in 1997 canvassing for seat of Fife, was driven around in a Mercedes by his nanny.

‘I was going to take my Bentley, but she wisely said that this would be seen as ostentatious and I should take Mummy’s Mercedes instead.’

Sound advice indeed

2. Holds record for longest word used during Parliamentary proceedings – ‘Floccinaucinihilipilification’

3. Proposed to his now wife beneath one of the (six) Van Dyck paintings in her mother’s house.

Last edited: