Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

I see TMPM attended a service at Westminster in gratitude for the Windrush generation's 70th anniversary.

I have no idea when this might have been scheduled but what are the odds that it was in the last 2 months?

Politicians. I've never met one without having the urge to have a bath afterwards.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
We seem to be having memorials and silences and special days for no end of things that have zero relevance to the vast majority, some of whom (like me) just think the whole thing is silly and please could those paid to run the country do that instead?

QUOTE="seaweed, post: 8637604, member: 31867"]We seem to be having memorials and silences and special days for no end of things that have zero relevance to the vast majority, some of whom (like me) just think the whole thing is silly and please could those paid to run the country do that instead?[/QUOTE]

Another import from the USA? BTW yesterday was 'World Camel Day' !

As there were a number of Polish refugees on the Windrush what about a Polak day - free vodka for arrsers??

I think she has caught Labour off balance with the NHS funding, how pleased I was to see McD spluttering about may be tax increases, like it or not she has parked her tank on the Lab NHS grass.
You could also interpret it as her hand being forced due to pressure from the opposition.

It does take some gall for the likes of the shadow chancellor to protest against it on grounds of where is the money coming from :)

We seem to be having memorials and silences and special days for no end of things that have zero relevance to the vast majority, some of whom (like me) just think the whole thing is silly and please could those paid to run the country do that instead?
Another import from the USA? BTW yesterday was 'World Camel Day' !

As there were a number of Polish refugees on the Windrush what about a Polak day - free vodka for arrsers??
We should just toe the line, and celebrate World Camel Day

There's a whole thread devoted to Camels on Arrse so it should be popular

I'm not enamored of either main party at the moment
Back to two party state as in USA, unless you have a Jockland post code. Uncle Vince and the Limp Dems look as if they could corner the reverse UKIP and be the back to Europe Party, recent byelection was interesting result and under reported by the BBC? The political situation will probably stabilize after Brexit?

Back to two party state as in USA, unless you have a Jockland post code. Uncle Vince and the Limp Dems look as if they could corner the reverse UKIP and be the back to Europe Party, recent byelection was interesting result and under reported by the BBC? The political situation will probably stabilize after Brexit?
I think that all bets are off on what the political landscape will look like post brexit.

A lurch to the left or right?

A return to centrism?

Buggered if I know

It would seem the "big" guns are lining up to oust and replace PMTM.
The leading contenders being Gove, Hunt, Javid and Williamson.
Now the country is well and truly heading for screwedupland.

May appeals for 1,000 policy ideas ahead of the next election.

Theresa May appeals for 1,000 policy ideas from MPs, peers and party members ready for next election

One presumes by this she means another 1,000 sound-bite virtue-signalling stunts to follow on from Windrush Day and Grenfell Towers Day.

She could, of course, just look at the name of her political party, or perhaps have it spelt out for her: C-O-N-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-V-E.

If she still doesn't get the message, how about a peek at the dictionary definitions of "conservative"? Must be plenty of ideas there.

It would seem the "big" guns are lining up to oust and replace PMTM.
The leading contenders being Gove, Hunt, Javid and Williamson.
Now the country is well and truly heading for screwedupland.
Not really - TM is the worst PM in living Memory, and that's including Gordon Brown!
The woman has zero ideas, cant make a decision, can't communicate, is completely out of touch with reality, has no leadership or management skills, doesn't know how to fight or win and worst of all, she took the job knowing all of the above!
She should have been binned a long time ago before the damage she's done to our Brexit deal became terminal however, to be completely fair, in the first year of her reign Corbyn was riding high in the Polls but now the public has seen Labour are just as split as the Tories and Corbyn is a busted flush so its probably as good a time as any to get rid of 'the submarine'.
As this moment in time we need a staunch Brexit PM and cabinet to force through as good a deal as we can get. TM, Grieve, Soubray, Miller, Clegg, Blair, Soros etc have badly damaged the countries prospects so its really a damage limitation exercise now.
The only Tory who puts the shits up the opposition is Jacob Rees Mogg - can you image PMs questions with JRM politely slapping down the SNP, Labour and the LimpDems!

Not really - TM is the worst PM in living Memory, and that's including Gordon Brown!
The woman has zero ideas, cant make a decision, can't communicate, is completely out of touch with reality, has no leadership or management skills, doesn't know how to fight or win and worst of all, she took the job knowing all of the above!
She should have been binned a long time ago before the damage she's done to our Brexit deal became terminal however, to be completely fair, in the first year of her reign Corbyn was riding high in the Polls but now the public has seen Labour are just as split as the Tories and Corbyn is a busted flush so its probably as good a time as any to get rid of 'the submarine'.
As this moment in time we need a staunch Brexit PM and cabinet to force through as good a deal as we can get. TM, Grieve, Soubray, Miller, Clegg, Blair, Soros etc have badly damaged the countries prospects so its really a damage limitation exercise now.
The only Tory who puts the shits up the opposition is Jacob Rees Mogg - can you image PMs questions with JRM politely slapping down the SNP, Labour and the LimpDems!
There will always be those that think someone else would be a better PM irrespective of which Party is in power at the time.

TM is almost certainly not the most charismatic, decisive or convincing PM we've ever had but, considering she's having to deliver on her predecessors promise with a Party stuffed full of old die hard Europhiles, senile old men, pushy and bitchy women, self obsessed cabinet members and complete non-entities as MPs, it would be a complete and utter disaster for the Party if the morons ousted her before Brexit is a done deal. Much better if she gets to complete Brexit and stand down at the following GE so people can judge her and the Party on delivering what the majority of the country asked for.

I have to say that personally I'm getting more than a tad pee'd off with all the Brixit nonsense created by both sides of the debate. It also now seems to be de rigueur to apply this nonsensicleslagging off action to everything a person doesn't like or agree with, PMTM being a prime case.

Edited to Add:

If you seriously believe PMTM is worse than Gordon Brown I suggest you go back over what Brown did both as Chancellor and PM, this time with your eyes open.

With messages like this being allowed by No 10 Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy I feel after this weekend either:

1. A number of resignations from the Cabinet leading to a Leadership challenge beginning

2. A General Election after a vote of no-confidence by a mix of Labour, SNP & Conservative MPs

Whatever happens after the Chequers love-in it won't be good for Brexit and might embolden the stick their head in the sand Remoaners.

With messages like this being allowed by No 10 Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy I feel after this weekend either:

1. A number of resignations from the Cabinet leading to a Leadership challenge beginning

2. A General Election after a vote of no-confidence by a mix of Labour, SNP & Conservative MPs

Whatever happens after the Chequers love-in it won't be good for Brexit and might embolden the stick their head in the sand Remoaners.
Did you mean this one?

1530875696122.png

May Allies Troll "Narcissistic" Brexiters -

Quite unbelievable, or rather - very believable.

Anyway, bring it on!; the time is long overdue for the Tory party to split completely.

- The Brexiters can form a new party along "c"onservative, pro-Britain principles, and scoop the millions of disaffected voters with no current representation;

- The rump Tories under May can crack on with their pro-EU/ New Labour agenda, perhaps with a name change to more accurately term themselves "social(ist) democrats" or similar, and maybe have a red rose as their emblem.

Labour and Conservative labels are toxic. Both parties are bipolar.
Lib Dems don't seem to stand stand for liberty and democracy.
The underlying structure and education is biased when it supposed to be neutral.
Idealists are de facto not realists and don't realise when they are being played.
Russians are rather fond of chess. Game's can be long. Very long. Though they are not as patient as the Chinese.