Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a pity that you feel you have to single out JRM as the example of the 'silver spoon' helping them on their way while ignoring the likes of Stephen Kinnock or the Uber working man, Hilary Benn!
You forgot Euan Blair, the Prescott boy and the Straw offspring.

You underestimate the importance of Brexit to millions of British voters and the wider audience.

It has galvanised interest in politics and stimulated political debate like nothing before.
Totally agree, the current mrs_mush and I are already worried about what we'll have to shout "FFS give it a rest" at the tellybox if brexit or global warming get fixed

I don't think having @ScaleyAlbereto as the minister with responsibility for obesity would work out as you'd hope...

I have considered my role. I think minister for Women would be more appropriate.

We could have feeding education camps ala Corbyn for all ladies under say 15 stone?

My tenure would be a triumph

It's a pity that you feel you have to single out JRM as the example of the 'silver spoon' helping them on their way while ignoring the likes of Stephen Kinnock or the Uber working man, Hilary Benn!

I agree, there's plenty of examples. But politics isn't that different from many other jobs.

Biggest single predictor of success in qualifying as a Doctor (i.e. medicine, not a real Doctor with a Ph.D :cool:)? Having a parent who's a Doctor. What about Army Officers? Plenty of Regiments where sons have followed father, Scottish Regiments as a case in point. So, when does Hilary (who seems fairly middle-ground) get out of the shadow of Tony (the swivel-eyed one, I think we can agree)? At least he's working at it.

I chose JRM because he says one thing to the public (no downside to Brexit, etc) and another to his shareholders (we're moving the firm to Dublin, look out for an economic impact, etc). Hypocrisy irritates me. In the same way, I've no doubt that there are privileged Remain MPs who are utterly convinced of their own superiority - David Cameron being an obvious example.

We all knew this anyway

Theresa May was “surly”, a “terrible campaigner” and tearful about key decisions during the last election, a book has revealed.
During the campaign Mrs May told aides “I don’t want it to be about me” and was so prickly that one of her most trusted advisers had to become a full-time “minder”, the historian Sir Anthony Seldon discloses.

Archie

Latest Threads