Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

...I take it therefore that you are basically a Remainer and will be happy to see Brexit fail, as it will with the candidates you espouse.
Brexit, or bremain, simply isn't something I care a great deal about - it not a subject that gets my juices flowing.

I voted remain, but not overly enthusiastically, and collectively we've voted to leave - so we should leave - beyond that however I don't really care, though I think anyone thinking that the sunlit uplands await by having a PM who has been sacked from several jobs for dishonesty, or who fails to understand that infact, no, you can't just close parliament and wait for the clock to reach midnight, is likely to be disappointed by the outcome.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brexit, or bremain, simply isn't something I care a great deal about - it not a subject that gets my juices flowing.

I voted remain, but not overly enthusiastically, and collectively we've voted to leave - so we should leave - beyond that however I don't really care, though I think anyone thinking that the sunlit uplands await by having a PM who has been sacked from several jobs for dishonesty, or who fails to understand that in fact, no, you can't just close parliament and wait for the clock to reach midnight, is likely to be disappointed by the outcome.
BoJo has his problems and they have been well documented. Maybe he has been sacked for being too honest, even when lying! He often says what we are thinking, not the PC lets not hurt anyone, way that is so prevalent today.

Gove on the other hand makes a career out of lying, backstabbing and being so disloyal yet is seen as a potential PM.

Gove?
Johnson?

My choice between those two is Johnson - you are entitled to disagree, that is what a democracy is supposed to be about.

BTW, if we run to 31 October without a deal it may not be us doing the leaving but the EU doing the chucking! Mind you, with £39billion at stake that is most unlikely.

If either Raab or Johnson get it then I'd be unlikely to vote conservative in any GE.

I've voted Tory in every GE (bar one) in my adult life, I've been a member of the party for years and I'm one of those saddoes who will knock on doors, stuff envelopes and all the other tedious crap to support the party at election time, but not for either of them: Johnson because he's just a charlatan, and was a lazy and ineffective ForSec, and Raab because his politics are just too far from mine for me to actively support, and because despite being apparently quite clever, he's completely failed to grasp how parliament works.

I'd prefer Stewart, I'd happily live with Gove, I'd dislike Hunt, but either of those two would see me walk away.
Then you probably should vote Liberal as you're certainly not a Conservative.

Then you probably should vote Liberal as you're certainly not a Conservative.
thank you o great one for shining the light of your great mind upon this miserable sinner.

can i assume that you're one of these UKIPer's and BP's who've not voted tory in 20 years, but someow feel they have the right, and ability to determine who is and is not a 'rightful' member of a party they don't vote for?

If either Raab or Johnson get it then I'd be unlikely to vote conservative in any GE.

I've voted Tory in every GE (bar one) in my adult life, I've been a member of the party for years and I'm one of those saddoes who will knock on doors, stuff envelopes and all the other tedious crap to support the party at election time, but not for either of them: Johnson because he's just a charlatan, and was a lazy and ineffective ForSec, and Raab because his politics are just too far from mine for me to actively support, and because despite being apparently quite clever, he's completely failed to grasp how parliament works.

I'd prefer Stewart, I'd happily live with Gove, I'd dislike Hunt, but either of those two would see me walk away.
Sounds to me like you should walk away and straight into your local Lib Dem association.

Edit: beaten to it by dun_n_dusted

thank you o great one for shining the light of your great mind upon this miserable sinner.

can i assume that you're one of these UKIPer's and BP's who've not voted tory in 20 years, but someow feel they have the right, and ability to determine who is and is not a 'rightful' member of a party they don't vote for?
Nope, used to be a Labour voter until St Tony of Shitvilles first term neared it's end. Went on to vote SNP to get rid of Labour in Scotland and since voted tory because of the state Labour and the SNP are in (this is before mentioning Corbyn).

Thanks for attributing me with a great mind though, that's a rareity for me :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nope, used to be a Labour voter until St Tony of Shitvilles first term neared it's end. Went on to vote SNP to get rid of Labour in Scotland and since voted tory because of the state Labour and the SNP are in (this is before mentioning Corbyn).

Thanks for attributing me with a great mind though, that's a rareity for me :)
You have mirrored my voting pattern for the past fifteen years or so.

Rory's campaign is being funded by a Russian Hedge Fund Manager and the son of Wafic Said, who was famously an adviser on the controversial £40 million Al-Yamamah arms deal between Britain and Saudi Arabia in the 1980s

Rory Stewart has pitched his campaign for the Conservative leadership as a plucky DIY effort with shaky handheld videos of him meeting voters across the country — but behind the scenes it is being bankrolled by a Russian financier who ran a hedge fund that focussed on the former Soviet Union.
Wonder how many remainers are going to claim this is evidence of the Russians interfering in our political system?

There was a right loon article in the Gruniad earlier today about May stating that she would stay along the same lines that Merkel is hanging on.
No10 had to publish a clarification that some halfwit spad had 'misspoke' and that she was definitely going tomorrow.
Good news for the Peterborough election though :D.

There was a right loon article in the Gruniad earlier today about May stating that she would stay along the same lines that Merkel is hanging on.
No10 had to publish a clarification that some halfwit spad had 'misspoke' and that she was definitely going tomorrow.
Good news for the Peterborough election though :D.

She'll remain PM until the last week of July.

How long before the EU give her a cushy job for all the hard work she put in for them

Latest Threads