Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Perhaps, but is that because they are lazy or is it because they have considered the idea and think its not in our interests? That is the function of representatives in a representative democracy.
Or because the company which pays them a consultancy fee wants them to vote a certain way?

In that interview, JM describes BJ as a centre right Tory. Not sure that is correct.
Perhaps not by your definition, but if you were to line all Tory MPs up in order of political belief, Boris Johnson would be to the right of the centre of the line. He's the only chance of the Tory Party remaining in power as far as I can see, which is far more important.

The only real alternative to the Tories is Labour; the Brexit Party is useful as a tool to force the tories to effect Brexit but nothing more at the moment.

I can't see how he could be worse than Theresa May
In practical terms you're right of course- who could be?

I'm more uneasy that someone like Johnson, who has never for a moment held any principles about anything at all, can be foisted on the nation because of the self absorption of a few score Tory MPs.

The scenario indicates that things are even worse than we thought.

Perhaps, but is that because they are lazy or is it because they have considered the idea and think its not in our interests? That is the function of representatives in a representative democracy.
That an interesting point you make, well worth discussion not that I think the present load of 'chimps' in Parliment have the honesty or ability, need to debate and decide on the role of Government and "the function of representatives in a representative democracy". The badgers arrse is capable and has produced better debate. Which is rather sad.

1558622816397.png

Latest Threads