Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

20 months this thread has been going. Arrse has been predicting her demise "by Saturday" or " the end of the week" or even "doubt she'll last until Thursday" for 20 months.
This time she probably will go as she's come to the end of the line.
Just waiting for the usual suspects to come on and say "told you so" and, after 20 months, they will be at long last right.

Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, the next one to take on the poisoned chalice will last more than six months before a "(Insert Name Here) whither the PM" thread starts up.
We could, with a bit of luck, not use half a dozen or so threads with different titles saying the same thing over and over and maybe, just for something different on Arrse, stick to one.
Anyone else would have walked after her first withdrawl agreement bill was defeat by hundreds of votes.

Before fixed term Parliament (thanks Clegg and Cameron) it could be done by a vote of no confidence. Now we're stuck with them for 5 years. I wouldn't put it past McDonnell to make that permanent.
FoC.

McDonnell needs to have an unfortunate pedestrian/lorry interface incident soon.

preferably with minimal.damage to the lorry.

Anyone else would have walked after her first withdrawl agreement bill was defeat by hundreds of votes.

That would be expected in past domestic UK politics, but in this case one gets the impression that she is doggedly and blindly - in her drone like manner - following a set of instructions that have been given to her by other parties.

Perhaps these other parties are even now telling her she is on track and doing well, and that she should stick with it. That would explain the insane refusal to quit, and even the current bizarre "government without party or cabinet support".

Thoroughly log-jamming the pretence of a Brexit process is clearly aligned with the interests of overt and covert anti-Brexit power groups, and plays well along the massive propaganda and disinformation campaign that has been running since 2016 (vide Guido's latest expose).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mrs May is currently locked in consultations with her favourite adviser

gordons-gin-1-litre.jpg

She'll be gone before June. I doubt if she'll even be allowed to put her revised offer to Parliament. By way of an added bonus, she may have pushed the Tory vote into single figures on Thursday.

I repeat my earlier statement that May has an undiagnosed mental condition. Even by her high standards, this was an epic miscalculation that could only have been made by someone not fully connected to reality.

Wordsmith
I’ve been saying for years that I think she is on the spectrum.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have done a fair bit of May bashing on this and other threads, and worthy of it she is, but I think when historians come to write this up in 50 or so years time she will get a better press. By then we will have had the chance to see the duplicitous side of the House of Commons as a whole and their role in this will be fully outed. As things stand they are hiding behind the mess May has got herself in to, but they are far, far from blameless.

On top of that I hope someone 'outs'; the invisible civil servants who have done anything but serve.

I have done a fair bit of May bashing on this and other threads, and worthy of it she is, but I think when historians come to write this up in 50 or so years time she will get a better press. By then we will have had the chance to see the duplicitous side of the House of Commons as a whole and their role in this will be fully outed. As things stand they are hiding behind the mess May has got herself in to, but they are far, far from blameless.

On top of that I hope someone 'outs'; the invisible civil servants who have done anything but serve.
I think that you are probably right. We voted to give our politicians more power and responsibility, and they turned round to the electorate and said that they didn't want it.

20 months this thread has been going. Arrse has been predicting her demise "by Saturday" or " the end of the week" or even "doubt she'll last until Thursday" for 20 months.
This time she probably will go as she's come to the end of the line.
Just waiting for the usual suspects to come on and say "told you so" and, after 20 months, they will be at long last right.

Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, the next one to take on the poisoned chalice will last more than six months before a "(Insert Name Here) whither the PM" thread starts up.
We could, with a bit of luck, not use half a dozen or so threads with different titles saying the same thing over and over and maybe, just for something different on Arrse, stick to one.
But now it is the media and political commentators that are all saying it.

ARRSErs were just way ahead of the curve.

Most others would have gone when they called a GE and lost their majority through incompetence.
With the current crop of vacuous fools that inhabit parliament, I'm not convinced of that.

There's plenty of evidence that many other (if not most) MPs think only of themselves and are pretty much indifferent to the needs of the country.

Bring on the next GE I say, as that appears to be the only legal way we, the public, can sack the arrogant sods.

No 10 has just strongly denied she’s about to announce she’s on her way, and anything else that would suggest she’s intending to voluntarily exit No10

I think that you are probably right. We voted to give our politicians more power and responsibility, and they turned round to the electorate and said that they didn't want it.
True. Our MPs are really happy to have impassioned debates about banning cotton buds, or whose face should be on the next banknote. Anything more serious and they can't cope.

Latest Threads