Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
So the next PM will be Boris or possibly Mr B Johnson?

Stand by for loads of Tory MP's with a low media presence suddenly liking the cameras & media!
BoJo's problem is that the Remain wing of the party hate him.

The Tory leadership is a 2 stage process:
  1. The MP's hold a series of rounds of voting, eliminating one contender a time until two candidates are left.
  2. The party activists vote on the final choice.
If BoJo makes it to stage 2, he's a shoe-in for the leadership. The Remain camp are determined to stop him from reaching that stage. However;
  1. The expected massacre of the Tory party in the European elections and the realisation that BoJo might save them from electoral oblivion in 2022
  2. The fury from the party activists should BoJo not be one of the final two
Will give him a fighting chance of making the final cut.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BoJo's problem is that the Remain wing of the party hate him.

The Tory leadership is a 2 stage process:
  1. The MP's hold a series of rounds of voting, eliminating one contender a time until two candidates are left.
  2. The party activists vote on the final choice.
If BoJo makes it to stage 2, he's a shoe-in for the leadership. The Remain camp are determined to stop him from reaching that stage. However;
  1. The expected massacre of the Tory party in the European elections and the realisation that BoJo might save them from electoral oblivion in 2022
  2. The fury from the party activists should BoJo not be one of the final two
Will give him a fighting chance of making the final cut.

Wordsmith
If the "Remain Wing" of the Tory Party swing the leadership in their way then the Tories are well f*cked. Even if they get a full on Brexiteer then life will be hard. The Party is split, never to rejoin, but if someone with the leadership skills can hold them together then the party might just survive. To that end I would not be surprised if, after the 'stalking horse' phase a person comes from obscurity to take over.

If the "Remain Wing" of the Tory Party swing the leadership in their way then the Tories are well f*cked. Even if they get a full on Brexiteer then life will be hard. The Party is split, never to rejoin, but if someone with the leadership skills can hold them together then the party might just survive. To that end I would not be surprised if, after the 'stalking horse' phase a person comes from obscurity to take over.
Priti Patel.....

Brexiteer and ticks a few diversity boxes.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Priti Patel.....

Brexiteer and ticks a few diversity boxes.
Maybe not, she was active in supporting May in her bid for PM which might not go down too well.

Of course Boris should put his hat in the ring - unlike May, he’ll certainly ruffle the feathers of the Brussels set. Despite the views of many, he is a serious Politician, with a high profile, certainly when compared to some of the other runners such as Truss (seriously?!) Raab, Javid and Rudd. He will split the Tory Party, but to me that’s a good thing and it should have happened years ago. For those who say it will herald a shift to the far right (such as the ridiculous Soubry), I say bollocks. Boris will shift the Party to the right alright but only to their rightful place, instead of inhabiting the centre (left) ground they have occupied since 2010.
I reckon the final two in a fair contest will be Hunt and Johnson and my preference would be Johnson. Shoot me.

Commentary in the on-lie Tory Graph is she may announce her departure in June but dont place any bets on her going

Maybe you should read up on the topic. It has been tested to various extents by several governments in Europe for drawing up legislation and also the basis of one or two ancient civilisations for how senators were chosen. As well previously proposed for selecting members of the upper house Also used to an extent when two candidates in the UK get an equal number of votes and they are randomly selected by drawing straws.

I see your understanding of sortition is just as hazy as your understanding of mob rule.

Then again the topic is never as important to you is it, more that you just look for opportunities post to post "witty" and "hillarious" memes or photos.

No doubt like the one you will predictably post in response to this.
No mention of sortition and ancient civilisations in your original post here, Winston:

I think a randomly selected upper house would be even better. That is members are randomly selected from the population similar to jury service. Pay a decent salary and also decent expenses to hire researchers etc.
Just dragging in randoms off the street.

Still, if it stops them forming a mob, eh?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Commentary in the on-lie Tory Graph is she may announce her departure in June but dont place any bets on her going
I have lost count f the number of times she's going to resign. Strangely enough, the resignation offers never give a firm date - it's always "tomorrow".

So, she's still in post, and the Tory polling figures (to pick a wonderful American phrase) "are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut".

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes she can announce her departure date in June 2019, but that date could be 5 years in the future

Archie
She will announce that as her deal has failed again that there needs to be another referendum. As the people need to get the full information and time to understand it the referendum won't be held until late 2020 with the result being announced and reflected on in early 2121 with a letter to Brussels resubmitting Art50 in late 2021 early 2022 and two years on from that, in 2024 we will definitely leave the EU, when she might consider standing down!

Does that sound about right?

I think Bojo is a Trojan horse.

I have lost count f the number of times she's going to resign. Strangely enough, the resignation offers never give a firm date - it's always "tomorrow".

So, she's still in post, and the Tory polling figures (to pick a wonderful American phrase) "are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut".

Wordsmith
Not as low as Soubry and Chuckies new Change UK party. They aren't exactly packing them in:

:D

I think Bojo is a Trojan horse.
For who and why.

There are a variety of reason I like Bojo and think he could make a good minister, just not now, which is why I could never voted for him to lead the party, in the last leadership race, my top pick was Andrea Leadsom, but of course her comment about the maybot being childless put paid to her run, despite the reality that she was right.

Also I think we all have had enough of personality politics, and Bojo is a big personality the left supporting media drones will ensure he cant sneeze without spinning it to be a crisis, something else that most of us are sick to back teeth of.

The sad thing is the conservative party has very few conservatives outside of the back benches and most of the back bencher's, who do a decent job wont stand, let alone be proposed. This is where may has ensured the wounding of the party is potentially fatal. She surrounded herself with a cabinet that was predominately remain and some of the most venal self serving backstabber's. knowing full well as they 'Et tu, Brute' her they make themselves unelectable. Even an idiot can fluke strategy some times.

I honestly cant think of who can lead the party, who has the courage to solve the 'Europe' issue that ulcer now being an open wound, there needs to be a clearing out of those who are pretend conservatives as I have said may times, and it may even need to be brutal in its manner, and sustained to only have conservative and unionist in the political party. On a personal note having Ken Clark dragged out of the chamber and palace of Westminster, and publicly and loudly 'told to do one, fatboy', would bring a tear to my eye and glow too my heart.

Also who do we think can engage in bring the centre ground back to the centre all the while once again the left supporting media drones. Proclaiming its the second coming of fascism, and with Labour obstructing any legislation using the same narrative.

Also to carry forward what is likely to be a no deal Brexit and look to win a general Election that fixed term parliament act or not is also required. Its a big ask, could Bojo pull that off.

I honestly cant think of anyone that, either has the stomach or the skill-set... I will be happy to be proved wrong and perhaps vote Tory again.

That Vote is conditional on sustaining the conservative party as conservative and ticking off all the objectives on the above list, no more half measures are acceptable.

Some twitters and press seemed to be out of kilter with how TM looked at PMQs. Between that and their tendencies for sensationalism, I didn't pay much attention to it. Some of those tweets may have since been retracted. Finding Beth more reliable than others. Older tweets here left for context.
1558038309975.png

To much to hope that when she got back to number 10 she, asked for a Brandy and the mess Webley.
I'm sure one of the prot team would go lenders on their Glock?

Mrs May is the only person in the UK who could find a police officer when she needs one.

Latest Threads