Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

I'd like to see several things, should we ever move towards an elected upper house:
No former MP's whatsoever.
Members elected by 1st AV proportional representation - 1 per constituency (that's 200 less than now).
All prospective candidates must have at least 20 years expertise in a field outside of government, either local or national, or the civil service.
One, fixed five year term only, without exception.
Attendance of at least 20 hours a week, either in the chamber or in committee, not having an "extended lunch" in the members' dining room/bar.

This of course bars Farage due to him being an MEP, which I'm sure will frustrate a couple of the shouty weevils here who imagine I think he's some kind of messiah. :mrgreen:
Paging @jarrod248

Is Farage the Messiah, or is he just a naughty boy who needs a good spanking?

Paging @jarrod248

Is Farage the Messiah, or is he just a naughty boy who needs a good spanking?
No point paging Jarrod...he’s currently engaged in helping secure Brexit. He’s exported himself out to import some fags...
Better than Maggie’s handbag.

Question/Thought/Idle curiosity.

Are the Scottish Tories a separate party? Not so long Ruth whatshername was seen as doing bloody good work up North (where's it grim). If they are a separate party, and find themselves more aligned with the BREXIT party, could they not bail on May and cut ties to the English Tories?

Are the Scottish Tories a separate party? Not so long Ruth whatshername was seen as doing bloody good work up North (where's it grim). If they are a separate party, and find themselves more aligned with the BREXIT party, could they not bail on May and cut ties to the English Tories?

I suspect given Scotland voted remain, they're unlikely to align themselves with the Brexit party.

Scottish tories would prefer the UK Remained in the EU and Ruthies been off lately having a sprog. Similar to the SNP no-one in the Scottish Conservatives is allowed to speak in public other than Ruth D.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Theresa May under pressure earlier today; the look on her face says it all:

View attachment 393045
There's nothing she can do except wait to be sacked in 3 weeks time.
  • She can't get any form of Brexit deal through the Commons.
  • The party have made it clear she'd better break off talks with Labour
  • Another indicative vote will resolve f--- all
  • There is no other significant parliamentary business to conduct in this session.
  • She can't risk another Queens speech (and new legislation) in case she's defeated in the resulting vote and precipitates a GE the Tories will lose heavily at.
In other words, parliamentary business is at a standstill and everyone is waiting for the European elections and her inevitable downfall.

She has no political friends left and no political future - largely self-inflicted through her arrogance, lies and incompetence.

Wordsmith

• There is no other significant parliamentary business to conduct in this session.
  • She can't risk another Queens speech (and new legislation) in case she's defeated in the resulting vote and precipitates a GE the Tories will lose heavily at.
In other words, parliamentary business is at a standstill and everyone is waiting for the European elections and her inevitable downfall.

She has no political friends left and no political future - largely self-inflicted through her arrogance, lies and incompetence.

Wordsmith
Oh dear, what a pity, etc., etc.

Cue the late, lamented Windsor Davies.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Born again brexiter Jez Hunt, tying himself in knots...

Alan Partridge style

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Wordsmith
It's not like the good old days when a British PM found himself in trouble he would just send the army and navy off to start a war somewhere and take the political heat away.

It's not like the good old days when a British PM found himself in trouble he or she would just send the army and navy off to start a war somewhere and take the political heat away.
Just a minor edit.

Oh dear, what a pity, etc., Etc.

She stood for the job.

She wanted the job.

Her problem.

As much as I dislike being horrid (any more), I do hope it haunts her to her final days.

(and with a bit of luck, her next poo will be a hedgehog, exiting sideways)
Yes. This is her come-uppance for crushing the handsome, talented Bould Brexiteers with her devious plan of actually standing.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
PMTM has branched out into comedy.

Theresa May tells Cabinet: give me another three months and I'll get Brexit done
Theresa May has tried to delay her resignation for almost three months by telling ministers she can get a Brexit deal done if she is allowed to stay as Prime Minister until the end of July. Mrs May met Jeremy Corbyn for cross-party talks on Tuesday night where she told him she will table a vote on a Brexit “divorce” bill next month with or without a deal with Labour. Mrs May earlier told her Cabinet it was “imperative” the Brexit legislation is passed before Parliament breaks for the summer.
She's absolutely lost it. The Tory party are due for utter humiliation on 23rd May, largely down to her failure to deliver Brexit, despite having close to three years to do it. She has no idea of how she can deliver Brexit - there are huge obstacles in the way of any of the routes she could try. And she's asking for another 3 months - during which she will predictably achieve the square root of fornicate all.

She's living on another planet.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMTM has branched out into comedy.

Theresa May tells Cabinet: give me another three months and I'll get Brexit done

She's absolutely lost it. The Tory party are due for utter humiliation on 23rd May, largely down to her failure to deliver Brexit, despite having close to three years to do it. She has no idea of how she can deliver Brexit - there are huge obstacles in the way of any of the routes she could try. And she's asking for another 3 months - during which she will predictably achieve the square root of fornicate all.

She's living on another planet.

Wordsmith
Sounds like the owner of a business going bankrupt pleading with the bank for time which will see a miraculous recovery in business. The end result will also be similar

Latest Threads