Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

The precious darlings hate the fact they might have to listen ordinary people's views.
It’s a bit of a stretch to describe what Momentum are up to at the moment in constituencies as the actions of ‘ordinary people’!

Yeeesss because momentum is of course made up of hard left clones shipped in from. Moscow.:rolleyes:
Rather than labour party members who joined because Corbyn is seen as a real person rather than some shiny suited android from ppe via special advisor.
There's been two leadership elections and a GE corbyn is still popular with the majority of the membership and isn't the utter disaster his critics keep claiming he is. Democracy relies on people getting involved certain mps don't like that fact.

I agree with you but hope now that the Brexit Party is up and running that Farage will keep parliament on their toes, even though he is not a member, yet. Still that shouldn't matter as most of the influential stuff to date in this brexit has come from non MPs, who have proven themselves ineffectual.
It remains to be seen what the real story is with Farages new party. It appears to be a fringe group of upper class Tories. If he really and I mean really wanted to take votes from the Tories in order to force them to go through with brexit then he would simply support UKIP, already in place and soaking up a base of votes simply by existing at this point. With his backing and with the new life that Batten is breathing into UKIP, they have potential to go further into the traditional tory territory than before.

UKIP currently have 30,000 paying members (30 quid a year) and are fielding something like 1400 candidates in the regional council elections coming soon and (i think) about 150 candidates for the EU elections in May.

No, Farages Brexit party, at the moment, looks like a private members club with a tiny membership (100 quid a year) for former Tories.

I don't think this is in the best interests of the country, I think this is in the best interests of My Farage.

I am starting the see why Mrs May called that snap election now, she did it not to try to obtain "a mandate", she already had that, she did it to buy as much time as possible for her to try to do this because at this point a GE is the only way to force them to carry out the decision of the referendum. With such a weak opposition in the marxist party, the "party tories" have allowed her to remain in power and now the next GE is a long way off which leaves few options to force her / them to change course.

I don't think May is as stupid as she seems.

I note that she fails to attack Corbyn and his cronies on the front bench for being the bunch of idiots that they appear to be. It serves her very well to have them up front in full view of her party. Everyone in the tory party can see for themselves what will happen if they weaken the tory party further, a marxist government headed up by the most odius, foaming at the mouth cretins that we have yet to see.

Dianne, Macdonald and Corbyn are the best protection from the circling sharks in her own party that May could possible have.

Anyway, if you want to make your votes count, If you are a Remainer vote Lib Dem, if you are a Leaver, vote UKIP. Those are the only two parties that have a coherent position on the matter.

Yeeesss because momentum is of course made up of hard left clones shipped in from. Moscow.:rolleyes:
Rather than labour party members who joined because Corbyn is seen as a real person rather than some shiny suited android from ppe via special advisor.
There's been two leadership elections and a GE corbyn is still popular with the majority of the membership and isn't the utter disaster his critics keep claiming he is. Democracy relies on people getting involved certain mps don't like that fact.
Word soup.

Here and there. UK, NZ, US. Nothing official, just calls every now and then to end voting for over 65s or over 70s. Tends to be raised by youth and by some politicians supposedly on behalf of youth, oddly enough where demographics show an advantage for that party.
That's all very well as long as there will be no politicians over that age too!

Momentum are far left clones, true NPC's but they are not russians, why would you say that?

I agree with you on Corbyn though, he is doing an excellent job of keeping the worst incarnation of the Tory party we have ever seen in power.

corbyn is still popular with the majority of the membership and isn't the utter disaster his critics keep claiming he is.
He hasn’t been tested yet. All he has to do at the moment with the current May cluster is lob the odd verbal grenade into the room.
I respect your point of view, but if you seriously think a JC led Government, shored up by Momentum dogma is the answer, then we’ll have to disagree.
As for Momentum representing ordinary, ‘traditional’ Labour voter’s POV, that is a fallacy.

Hmmmm, so in the last 10 General Elections since the 70s' Labour have managed to win 3. Remind me which hard-left helmsman the labour party had in place for those.

Only in (what passes for) the mind of a true believer. :roll:

They had three years and made an omnishambles of it so far how long does the public need to give them?

Don't do drugs, kids.

It remains to be seen what the real story is with Farages new party. It appears to be a fringe group of upper class Tories. If he really and I mean really wanted to take votes from the Tories in order to force them to go through with brexit then he would simply support UKIP, already in place and soaking up a base of votes simply by existing at this point. With his backing and with the new life that Batten is breathing into UKIP, they have potential to go further into the traditional tory territory than before.
There's one tiny flaw in the argument, UKIP have lost the plot and are cuddling up to some right grade A bellends like Tommy Robinson.

Latest Threads