Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

She has clearly learnt nothing.

If Labour had a half-decent, non-Marxist as leader I would suggest the next GE would be theirs by the biggest landslide in history. The Tories are hoping that Corbyn and the Momentum crowd are enough to prevent Labour winning. The best outcome I see for the Tories is a hung parliament.
Speaking to alot of Conservative MPs the general consenus seems to be that they'll win the 2022 election, but due to demographic changes 2027 will be a landslide labour victory.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suggest watching the panto. I suspect we'll end up with something like pretending to leave or the more honest answer of not leaving at all.
You are quite happy to overturn a democratic vote!?

Was it Sandhurst or Frunze you graduated from?

Speaking to alot of Conservative MPs the general consenus seems to be that they'll win the 2022 election, but due to demographic changes 2027 will be a landslide labour victory.
I think the pollsters and "mainstream" are in danger of falling into the same trap as they did last time...with theb referendum and...even Trump (Yes, even in the UK).

They ask 1000 people a question but - those 1000 all live in Brighton or Islington!

Look at the disparity between what the media would have you believe general opinion is and what you actually see on the streets. Even the DM which is Anti-Brexit cannot hide the comments below its articles - and those are the unmoderated ones.

There are a hell of a lot of people in the UK who don't emote their opinions or live 'online'. They still have a vote though and have been shown to use it.

It was a university oop north, Sandhurst and Staff College with two interpreterships, since you ask. I know a fair few from Frunze.

You can come to terms with the conflict between plebiscitary and representative democracy in your own time.

I'm the Eurosceptic who voted Remain to avoid the very predictable cake and arrse party in which we find ourselves.

I am not in favour of a USE.

I may have said this several dozen times these past three years.
We're well aware of your history of chasing rainbows and unicorns.

How's that working out for you?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It was a university oop north, Sandhurst and Staff College with two interpreterships, since you ask. I know a fair few from Frunze.

You can come to terms with the conflict between plebiscitary and representative democracy in your own time.
Well I am not going to write it off like you and MPs have done!

I think the pollsters and "mainstream" are in danger of falling into the same trap as they did last time...with theb referendum and...even Trump (Yes, even in the UK).

They ask 1000 people a question but - those 1000 all live in Brighton or Islington!

Look at the disparity between what the media would have you believe general opinion is and what you actually see on the streets. Even the DM which is Anti-Brexit cannot hide the comments below its articles - and those are the unmoderated ones.

There are a hell of a lot of people in the UK who don't emote their opinions or live 'online'. They still have a vote though and have been shown to use it.
Yeah alot of the MPs are forming this view based on the doorstep. I'm personally noticing in my constituency. I live in a fairly affluent area, usually regarded as a safe seat. Previously in even the slightly more deprived areas of our constituency we could rely on the Thatchertie C1/C2 voters-the white man/essex man that both Thatcher and Blair realized were crucial to winning any sort of election. However, many of them have now moved out and replaced by ethnic minority voters or young renters.. My neighbouring constituency is the classic case. THe only constituency for which labour's vote share has gone up in eery election since they won it in 1997. Admittedly some of it is due to the Labour MP being very good. But over the last 10 or so yes, the amount of decline in the area is noticeable.

Yeah alot of the MPs are forming this view based on the doorstep. I'm personally noticing in my constituency. I live in a fairly affluent area, usually regarded as a safe seat. Previously in even the slightly more deprived areas of our constituency we could rely on the Thatchertie C1/C2 voters-the white man/essex man that both Thatcher and Blair realized were crucial to winning any sort of election. However, many of them have now moved out and replaced by ethnic minority voters or young renters.. My neighbouring constituency is the classic case. THe only constituency for which labour's vote share has gone up in eery election since they won it in 1997. Admittedly some of it is due to the Labour MP being very good. But over the last 10 or so yes, the amount of decline in the area is noticeable.
Judging by my area - we can expect many to be standing as Independant as opposed to declaring their true allegiances. Trojan horse / distraction??
I've posted somewhere before about this. My local elections appear to be only contested by Independants or - no description. Check the previous though and they are all Labour/Con.

Judging by my area - we can expect many to be standing as Independant as opposed to declaring their true allegiances. Trojan horse / distraction??
I've posted somewhere before about this. My local elections appear to be only contested by Independants or - no description. Check the previous though and they are all Labour/Con.
Local elections are diffent though, because of the local issues that come into play. For general elections, new parties/indepedents rarely work unless you have a DOuglas Carswell-like local popularity.

I apologised for the obvious cake and arrse party.

It's spelt Defence in the UK, by the way.
On what authority did you apologise? Why was this not reported in the press?

I think it a bit early to speculate on numbers of seats, so much happening in British politics as you know and the public (if which I am but one) are a fickle bunch! However a vote for Luv Dems is not a protest vote it is a cry of desperation!

Still with this ladee touted, and not denying, for leadership of Limp Dems then who knows :)
View attachment 387919
Definitely needs a good ironing.
Not just the clothes.

Without using up today's bandwidth for the Western hemisphere, I'll give you the primary reason.

The Labour Party.

The plethora of factions within will see him consigned to the dustbin of history.
Their arnt really theirs the old careerist MP's who have discovered in a democratic party its not a Job for life.
Vs the massive increase in membership who want some say in running the party and if their MP won't play ball well they can be replaced. The precious darlings hate the fact they might have to listen ordinary people's views. With safe seats the majority of votes don't count anyway.

The Devil is in the detail it's looking more and more complex with a lot of costs and problems that nobody was aware of.

Their arnt really theirs the old careerist MP's who have discovered in a democratic party its not a Job for life.
Vs the massive increase in membership who want some say in running the party and if their MP won't play ball well they can be replaced. The precious darlings hate the fact they might have to listen ordinary people's views. With safe seats the majority of votes don't count anyway.
I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Devil is in the detail it's looking more and more complex with a lot of costs and problems that nobody was aware of.
Dosen't every manifesto? Do we overturn every GE result from now on?

Well usually after a few years we have another vote:p.

But apprantly in Brexit land voting is undemocratic?

Latest Threads