Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

I don't want a far right party, they're just as big a bunch of bellends as the far left!

I don't think even white van man actually wants a far right party (ie an out-and-out Nazi party); they just want a political party that will hear their voices on the things that they perceive badly affects their lives and livelihoods - tax, immigration, crime, parasitical welfare, over-regulation and the like.

Of course "Far Right" in today's argot might well have applied to the 1945 Labour government - so far has the political spectrum become distorted!

I don't think even white van man actually wants a far right party (ie an out-and-out Nazi party); they just want a political party that will hear their voices on the things that they perceive badly affects their lives and livelihoods - tax, immigration, crime, parasitical welfare, over-regulation and the like.
That was kinda my point.

Its why I voted UKIP twice. They are to the right, and offered what I wanted. Equally in my constituency area there was no hope of the Tories losing, so it was a way of giving a yank on the choke chain, with no fear of a Labour MP.
And you know what, it worked! Almost. Watching their vote share get eroded got Cameron's attention, and he decided to scupper UKIP, which didn't exactly work out the way he planned.

I’m currently at work, but following the Titanic sinking avidly. I’m off to find a TV, as I reckon Theresa’s address to the Commons this morning will not pan out the way she expected. Her back bench is certainly going to be packed, the way the resignations are going. Anyone know what time she is due to stand up?

That line 'Red terror' etc doesn't wash with most voters under 30. They no memory of the 70s, etc. Chucking mud at Corbyn did not work at the last GE.
I don't think there was much mud chucked at Corbyn last time to be honest. If the Tories had gone to town on him he wouldn't still be around. its almost as if they wanted to lose the last election...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
But someone who will look out for the UK, won't give all my cash away to the undeserving, and will support self-improvement and won't utterly trash the economy would be nice!
Unfortunately that is now regarded as very right wing.

I’m currently at work, but following the Titanic sinking avidly. I’m off to find a TV, as I reckon Theresa’s address to the Commons this morning will not pan out the way she expected. Her back bench is certainly going to be packed, the way the resignations are going. Anyone know what time she is due to stand up?
No.
But perhaps...before she "stands down". Who knows? I'm reminded of Maggie & Major at this moment.

I am beginning to loose the will to live......it was all so predictable given that for once the silent majority voted and voted the "wrong way" as far as the establishment or whomever runs the country really were concerned .
Since then it seems to me that no matter what party have all been busily tying the whole deal up in knots and moving towards a point where a vote can be arranged to "correct" the wrong vote........This latest so called deal just about confirms that ......it's worse than staying in !

As @Listy stated most people want a Government that will actually work for the good of the country and reward those who want to work , be British and look after themselves.
This isn't far right......this is common sense , just that social media and those that have vested interest now conspire to make wanting a strong Country that rewards those who work hard and try and improve themselves and have some control of who enters it , continue to paint those values as Far Right and racist .

Mrs May is doomed to fail , the Conservatives will loose the next election and Corbyn will shaft the Country and the PC brigade will eventually consume themselves as they run round in ever decreasing circles , Human evolution has peaked as common sense is no longer needed to survive.........

There are some here who could view that as quite a "turn on".
Especially if she's in leather breeks again and and puts on her famed chain necklace....just for the boys.
On a scale of 'No information' to 'Too much information' you've managed to crank it up to 11.

Seriously though, hands up who thinks that the argument for ma superior "Do as I say because I'm in charge". Is effective?

Latest Threads