• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Mrs May - whither (or wither) the Tory Party

Its not the problem of the civilised western countries. Indeed, there is really nothing we can do about it.

The demand is from China, rump Asia, Middle East, India and Russia. The supply is via the connivance of corrupt African governments.

None of those entities are high on a list of those giving a fnuck about either preserving the environment or heeding our concerns about the same. Perhaps, for example, Mrs May can go tell the Chinese to be good global citizens, or, er, she'll be cross or something.

We seem to have entered an era of the most misguided self-flagellation. Why do we need to punish ourselves or wipe out our own heritage because of someone else's' immoral behaviour or crimes?
I agree. Those solutions are not for us but for those countries to implement.

Was surprised to hear about Ruth Davidson's self harming at 17 or thereabouts. Good on her for coming out with that and giving hope to youngsters going through such issues. In doing so however, it seems she has also said that PM would be a step too far. It's refreshing for that kind of honesty from a politician.

Michael Gove was a guest on the Andrew Marr show this morning, where he stuck by PMTM and Chequers.
I have no issues with him sticking to the environment but don't trust him for roles such as PM. Another ambitious administrator...

Was surprised to hear about Ruth Davidson's self harming at 17 or thereabouts. Good on her for coming out with that and giving hope to youngsters going through such issues. In doing so however, it seems she has also said that PM would be a step too far. It's refreshing for that kind of honesty from a politician.

Michael Gove was a guest on the Andrew Marr show this morning, where he stuck by PMTM and Chequers.
I have no issues with him sticking to the environment but don't trust him for roles such as PM. Another ambitious administrator...
Personally I think it's a shame that it wasn't Gove who self-harmed. But that's just because he always reminds me of a Bond villain. Does he have a white cat?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am starting to feel sorry for Mrs May (almost). She is left with the Chequers Plan and has said that is it, Deal or No Deal. Trouble is the only people that like it are Mrs May herself and Olly Robbins!

The wagons have been circled and she is fighting off the injuns, trouble for her though is it is her "friends" who are now firing the arrows!

She is toast, knows it and can do SFA about it. Doesn't bode well for the smooth running of parliament at a very decisive and decisive time!

I am starting to feel sorry for Mrs May (almost). She is left with the Chequers Plan and has said that is it, Deal or No Deal. Trouble is the only people that like it are Mrs May herself and Olly Robbins!

The wagons have been circled and she is fighting off the injuns, trouble for her though is it is her "friends" who are now firing the arrows!

She is toast, knows it and can do SFA about it. Doesn't bode well for the smooth running of parliament at a very decisive and decisive time!
You must understand there is a difference between Parliament and the current self-imposed travails of the Tory Party.

There is an interesting poll today on the 'Conservative Home' website. The panel polled is of, I believe, forum members who are also party members. Long story short, only one in ten of the party members polled now supports May's Chequers proposal.
Apologies to the mods for posting a link to a different forum but the full results are at the link below. This poll is on the eve of the party conference too (which makes one wonder whether the current UK/EU row is staged to allow May to face conference and claim to be strong).

Our special survey. Only one in ten party members says that May should stick with Chequers. | Conservative Home

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There is an interesting poll today on the 'Conservative Home' website. The panel polled is of, I believe, forum members who are also party members. Long story short, only one in ten of the party members polled now supports May's Chequers proposal.
Apologies to the mods for posting a link to a different forum but the full results are at the link below. This poll is on the eve of the party conference too (which makes one wonder whether the current UK/EU row is staged to allow May to face conference and claim to be strong).

Our special survey. Only one in ten party members says that May should stick with Chequers. | Conservative Home
Not really nice to see even rubbish tabloid of referring to us all as 'Brits', but then that is the snowflake way I suppose.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Where was that please? I missed that part.
In the Mirror stuff apparently.

Edited to add:
I picked on a box which was referring to Brits but was actually writing about Britcoin. Seems like it is all a bit confusing.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the Conservative MPs and Party conference will sling a lot of dung about but stop short of the upset a leadership challenge and change will cause, because of the damage it will do to the Party in the country.

Besides, the days of anointing an heir apparent (like Eden) have log gone and historically the eventual winner has not been even at short odds at the start (like Thatcher).

I think the Conservative MPs and Party conference will sling a lot of dung about but stop short of the upset a leadership challenge and change will cause, because of the damage it will do to the Party in the country.

Besides, the days of anointing an heir apparent (like Eden) have log gone and historically the eventual winner has not been even at short odds at the start (like Thatcher).
Also no-one really wants the "poisoned chalice" at the moment.6 months time, things might be very different!

Latest Threads